Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 8,892 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Oahu next month.
I would like to know the facility of animal quarantine there.
I have heard many sad stories about dog in animal quarantine, but don't sure if it true. If you had experience of putting your dog in animal quarantine in Haiwaii, please be kindly let me know your thought. Thank you.

Last edited by 7th generation; 06-01-2008 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 6,423 times
Default Hawaii animal quarantine

You can go down and visit your cat or dog every day. Get all their shots before they come and they only have to be there 5 days.

Chapter 4-29 Hawaii Administrative Rules, governs the importation of dogs, cats and other carnivores into Hawaii. This law states that dogs and cats meeting specific pre- and post-arrival requirements may qualify for 5-day–or-less quarantine program, which has a provision for direct release at Honolulu International Airport after inspection. (See [URL="http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/aqs-checklist-5.pdf"]“Checklist For 5-Day-Or-Less Program”[/URL] for details.)
Furthermore, the law requires dogs and cats not meeting all of the specific 5-Day-Or-Less program requirements to be quarantined for up to 120 days upon arrival In Hawaii. (See [URL="http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/aqsbrochure.pdf"]“Hawaii Rabies Quarantine Information Brochure”[/URL] for details on 120-day quarantine.)

From [url=http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/info]Animal Quarantine Information — Hawaii Department of Agriculture[/url]

Old 10-26-2008, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 6,071 times
need some advice, i would like to move to maui, but i have 3 dogs and 1 cat. what is the limit on animals that can move to maui?

Old 10-26-2008, 08:51 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,328,209 times
uh too late...if you are moving to Hawaii in a month, you've already passed deadlines on lots of things. blood needs to be drawn and tested for rabies-that is sent to the Univ of Kansas, and that takes a few weeks if not more, and there are TONS of things you have to do, vaccinations at certain intervals etc....
so if you are thinking of taking your pet with you in a month, and havent even started the process..you wont be able to relocate together.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:44 PM

126 posts, read 686,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
so if you are thinking of taking your pet with you in a month, and havent even started the process..you wont be able to relocate together.
You will. Your pet will just have to spend the time in quarantine instead of getting released immediately.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:46 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,328,209 times
oh yeah. well in that case, of course, but oh hayull no would i have allowed my dogs to be caged in a warehouse somewhere without me. i did everything step by step, with months in advance planning, to ensure that they would be there with me from day one....my dogs are my kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheMystic View Post
You will. Your pet will just have to spend the time in quarantine instead of getting released immediately.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:31 PM

19 posts, read 104,708 times
2008psun is probably already here, since the post was from back in May. RNR, I am not aware of any limits on numbers of animals, though your landlord may have something to say about a limit. It does get expensive however, as you have to pay separate fees for each animal. And we needed an entire van to fit the gigantic crates, our luggage and ourselves to and from the airport. I just completed moving my two dogs to Oahu. Let me know if you have specific questions. Aloha.

Last edited by 7th generation; 11-04-2008 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: personal blogs are not allowed.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:59 PM

850 posts, read 4,351,578 times
would you be willing to sell your crates? it's very possible that we will be moving from o'ahu to the big island soon and need to purchase some for our 3 large dogs.

i just read in another thread that you are on o'ahu. give it some thought as to whether or not you might want to sell 1 or both of the crates.

Last edited by 7th generation; 11-04-2008 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: removed orphaned content

Old 11-05-2008, 01:26 AM

682 posts, read 2,785,995 times
How big are your dogs? We have one XL crate, but it was just big enough for our 50lb girl. I consider her medium-sized. So I don't know what really big dogs do for crates! Anyway, our crate is just languishing in storage now, so PM me if it would be of use to you.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,697 times
Default Mad

My wife and I are going through hell right now. We have spent a small fortune getting her to Oahu. We got all the shots, did the blood work, got the certificates, got a passing negative result from Kansas, No rabbies! No rabies means no rabies. They still want to keep her for three months to observe her, it is such a scam to get there state funding and keep their staff employed. The place is depressing, outdoors, dogs going crazy, a prison for dogs. The first time we went there we felt sick, I balled my eyes out, our dog is like our kid. What they are doing is completly wrong, there has got to be a way to stop this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii