Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:35 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,569,022 times

Advertisements

My first vehicle on Maui was a motorcycle, beat up Honda 450 Scrambler, back in 1975. Took the shortcut from Kihei up Ulupalakua Road late one night, headlamp is kind of working/not working. Ran into a sleeping cow!!!! Cow 10 points, Honda Zero!!! Anyways, givin the way that people drive over here, and I don't mean the locals, and seeing as they have no idea as to where they are going, where they are, and how to get to their destination, I wouldn't recommend a motorcycle, if your husband does get one, he should definitley wear a helmet, and leather jacket. Saw some poor kid the other day here in Kihei, passing folks on the right on Kihei road, riding a Moped, car turned right into a driveway just in front of him, kid ran into the car. Don't know how it turned out.

Aloha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 11:07 PM

22 posts, read 112,638 times
Wow... definitely not a pretty picture. Feel sorry for the kid and his/her family. I will forward your comment to my hubby. Though, he seems to be pretty confident in himself even though he hasn't ridden a motorcycle before. By the way, are there a lot of
trucks/semis on H1/2/3?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii