Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:23 AM

4 posts, read 7,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlpurplez View Post
I am a single African American woman and I am not intimidated by race. I would love to meet and if God permits marry a CHRISTIAN Hawaiian man! my email is girlpurplez@yahoo.com

Totally agree!!!! If the lord is willing and the creek don't rise I would love to move to Hawaii and meet me a God fearing Polynesian Man. Honestly as women/men we should not limit our love to the color of someone's skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
That sounds all well and good, but truth be told, Black women are on the bottom of the pecking order. There is a reason why many/most of the people who are mixed with Black have Black dads. I am open to interracial dating, but I find that White and Asian women are considered premium real estate (this incudes hapas who are European/Asian) closely followed by non-Black Latina's and the Black/White and Black/Asian biracials. Then come the “regular” Black women dragging behind. More mixed people in the world doesn't mean they are all getting equal attention in terms of desirability.

Lip service is great, but at the end of the day, Black women are rarely sought after. It's easy for other people to say it doesn't matter when our distinct issues don't apply to them. I have accepted that I'm going to mainly be dating military guys, which is OK, but it saddens me because I prefer someone who has a Hawaiian background if I'm living in Hawaii. I think hapas and Polynesians are beautiful people, but my admiration is not usually reciprocated.

And, no, I'm not ugly. I actually used to work for a plastic surgeon.
Hello I don't know where you are getting your information, but women in a general sense are desired by heterosexual males. Yes there will be some jerks who are going to try to put you in a box or type cast you. But, if you want to date a man out of your race honey go for it!! I don't know who you are or what you look like, but umm please believe there is someone for everyone. I'm not going to Judge, but I will say self confidence is always attractive regardless of the race just saying

Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
I love all the ranting about race and racism in this thread.

Here you have a black woman, that wants to move to Hawaii, but wants a black community and a black man.

I can tell you if it was a haole saying he wanted an all white experience in Hawaii you wouldn't be so tolerant.

I suggest to this woman to move to Mississippi. Lot's of black people, black communities, black schools and you won't have to worry about black men passing you over for healthy, more fit, more educated and more kind Asians.

I agree, if you are going to move to Hawaii and keep doing the same things, then stay where you are. Honestly the world is large and life is to short to only stay in one mind frame. Honestly it is my dream to move to Hawaii and find the God fearing man that is meant just for me shoot. Heck love has no color and no boundaries.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:44 AM

Hello, to the young lady who wanted to know what dating life is like for black women well... it's the same any where else . I live in a city that is mixed, diverse and it is very common to see interracial couples. Also, it is common to have some racism, but the world is what you make it mama. I understand you want to stay in your comfort zone by associating with your own race and that is fine, but you will be missing out on people and experience . I say go and explore all options. And remember self confidence is always attractive regardless of your race, so keep your head up, keep a pretty smile on your face, and walk it like a super model LOL!

Old 04-16-2015, 06:26 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aja_thegirl View Post
self confidence is always attractive regardless of the race
Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, is more attractive on a woman (of any color) than self-confidence.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:08 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, is more attractive on a woman (of any color) than self-confidence.

Well, that and a nice set of tatas.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:39 PM

54 posts, read 51,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermerci View Post
Im a racially mixed woman of hispanic/latin origins, and my son is white..and if I want to go to Hawaii and marry an Asian, Black, or White man, I will freely do so.
I dont see why anyone should put barriers on themselves for love/marriage or even dating..
We should all be free to like/love/date whoever we choose..
On several boards I read a lot of complaints from people who want to know what the 'dating scene' will be like, and will they be accepted. In my opinion, if they have to worry about it, then it's an issue.
Why not just move where you want, and ignore the ignorant people.
We will always have them with us.
Do as you feel.
AMEN.

You can say that two and three more times in every dating thread on CD

Old 05-18-2015, 03:19 PM

457 posts, read 645,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post

You will have almost the same level of discrimination on Hawaii as you have on the mainland, and it will be from the same people as you get on the mainland. Most Hawaiians could care less about your skin color; they look at your heart color.
Well, THAT would make someone stay back on the Rez and just give up on life, now wouldn't it.

As a dark-enough skinned Native American with a law degree, my first thoughts as to which state to go to to try to take the Bar where I might stand a snowball's chance in Roswell of getting a JOB (or rather, a snowball's chance in Roswell of being taken seriously as HAVING a law degree) - naturally were, in this order: Hawaii and New Mexico. Both states require that you be in NO DEBT or else you might as well not even sit for the damn Bar - but by now only a small handful of states don't check your credit when you apply for admission to the state Bar. And I'm pretty sure they're not states that a dark-skinned minority would even want to DRIVE THROUGH let alone tell anyone they have a law degree in (the Deep South and the Dakotas come to mind )

When I visited my late uncle in Hilo back in the early 80s, what I noticed that dark-skinned people seemed to be just everywhere, and were enough of a "majority" to be at a slight advantage. The only way you'd stand out from the Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders is if you bring "mainland" ways and attitudes with you. If you think of yourself as, and carry yourself, walk, talk, and act, like "African" American then that's a different culture than the Islanders even though, get this: you LOOK THE SAME. And that's what's different and stands out. And that's what "Mainlanders" bring that native Hawaiian Islanders don't like. Meaning, I'm sure we'd say different things about this at a Pow-Wow than we would on an online forum.

Maybe I'll look into Bar admission in Fiji - there's no test, it's Commonwealth so there's no checking your US "credit," and the people look like me so there shouldn't be any of THAT nonsense........of course, the LAWS are different in different countries so there's THAT.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:33 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1969 View Post
Hawaii and New Mexico. Both states require that you be in NO DEBT or else you might as well not even sit for the damn Bar - but by now only a small handful of states don't check your credit when you apply for admission to the state Bar.
That is quite an exaggeration. You can have debt. Not paying your debts is a different issue entirely.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:22 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,258,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1969 View Post
As a dark-enough skinned Native American with a law degree, my first thoughts as to which state to go to to try to take the Bar where I might stand a snowball's chance in Roswell of getting a JOB (or rather, a snowball's chance in Roswell of being taken seriously as HAVING a law degree) - naturally were, in this order: Hawaii and New Mexico. Both states require that you be in NO DEBT or else you might as well not even sit for the damn Bar - but by now only a small handful of states don't check your credit when you apply for admission to the state Bar. And I'm pretty sure they're not states that a dark-skinned minority would even want to DRIVE THROUGH let alone tell anyone they have a law degree in (the Deep South and the Dakotas come to mind )

Maybe I'll look into Bar admission in Fiji - there's no test, it's Commonwealth so there's no checking your US "credit," and the people look like me so there shouldn't be any of THAT nonsense........of course, the LAWS are different in different countries so there's THAT.
Considering that many folks get admitted to the Bar in various states with massive amounts of student loan debt, it looks like someone might need to do a little more research…
Comprehensive Guide to Bar Admission Requirements 2015
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii