Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 05:18 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times

Advertisements

Short-snouted dogs have hard times flying - USATODAY.com

This would scare me in having my pet in the cargo area.
As far as breeding a Shih Tzu. They are loving, cute, sincere, and playful pets. Flying is the only issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,871,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
I hope you recognize that there are a lot of people who would not agree. I'm on the other side of this issue. I wish all animals (except bonafide service animals) were banned from all airplane cabins everywhere. Sorry, nothing personal, I just don't want them in my space due to allergies and a host of previous bad experiences.
I sure wish you would elaborate on that. Everytime I have flown with my dog in cabin even the people sitting next to me were unaware of my dog until deplaneing when I would be in line with my dog carrier held up, and yes several people remarked how they never heard the dog but did hear the children onboard.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:54 PM

219 posts, read 497,173 times
I just got off the phone with Alaska and they said my pet could fly in the cabin with me to Hawaii pending my paperwork for entry into Hawaii was in order and she fits under the seat. I told them to expect an increase in pet fares and I would be posting this to a forum. There is a limit to how many they allow on a flight so it is wise to book in advance.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:37 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
I sure wish you would elaborate on that.
My first clue is usually that my eyes start burning and I start sneezing. But sometimes it's the sound of an animal whining, or gacking.

I know, I know, each pet owner thinks THEIR pet is not going to cause any problems, and yet every pet has the potential to ruin the whole flight for someone else.

I sincerely wish pet owners would be more considerate of other travelers and refrain from bringing their animals into the cabin. After all, most city buses and subway systems in the world prohibit bringing animals on-board, and those trips are usually shorter than air flights, and the air exchange is usually much higher than the recirculated-air system on airliners.

Sorry, I just feel Alaska is selling their other passengers short in order to grab that $100 in extra revenue.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 PM

285 posts, read 1,082,896 times
Bad as I hate to I will have to agree with you on that and I am a dog owner. On the other hand I would much rather have a pet in the seat behind me on a long flight than to have a screaming child the whole way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii