Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 08:19 PM

48,292 posts, read 34,425,363 times

Advertisements

There ARE tons of different Hawaiian sovereignty groups. It makes my head spin. Someone who I know, who IS Hawaiian and VERY involved with indigenous people (she did amazing things with groups in Alaska), said she has no hope for Hawaii because all the groups are fighting among themselves.

Ironically, on KSSK they had an advertisement to register with a Hawaiian group..... and I was thinking.... "hey, who was that other Hawaiian group we registered with like 8 years ago?! Started with a "k"...? Everyone was wearing their shirts."

And honestly, when you are trying to appeal to the populace to join your organization, please learn to communicate effectively. Sound like someone people would like to be affiliated with and proud to be a member.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 08:26 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,796,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Were only talking Hawai'i. We return it to government who owned it when we took it. And leave it to the peoples of Hawai'i to determine self direction.
Why are we only talking Hawaii and what the United states did wrong? After all, wrong is wrong, right?

I think it would be unfair to the citizens of the United States and wrong, to only correct the things that their ancestors have done wrong.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,760,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There ARE tons of different Hawaiian sovereignty groups. It makes my head spin. Someone who I know, who IS Hawaiian and VERY involved with indigenous people (she did amazing things with groups in Alaska), said she has no hope for Hawaii because all the groups are fighting among themselves.

Ironically, on KSSK they had an advertisement to register with a Hawaiian group..... and I was thinking.... "hey, who was that other Hawaiian group we registered with like 8 years ago?! Started with a "k"...? Everyone was wearing their shirts."

And honestly, when you are trying to appeal to the populace to join your organization, please learn to communicate effectively. Sound like someone people would like to be affiliated with and proud to be a member.
Best point in this thread, so far!

Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,703,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There ARE tons of different Hawaiian sovereignty groups. Honestly, it makes my head spin. Someone who I know, who IS Hawaiian and VERY involved with indigenous people (she did amazing things with groups in Alaska), said she has no hope for Hawaii because all the groups are fighting among themselves.

At the time of conquest it was Queen Liliuokalani who had the throne, thru history we know that Hawai'i monarch was based on bloodline. So its only fitting that we return Hawai'i to the current bloodline. What happens after isn't our responsibility. Like the U.S there will be growing pains, Hawai'i may even have civil war. But thats what self determination means.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Why are we only talking Hawaii and what the United states did wrong? After all, wrong is wrong, right?

I think it would be unfair to the citizens of the United States and wrong, to only correct the things that their ancestors have done wrong.
So are you saying that doing the right thing is only based on others doing it too?

Old 09-24-2013, 08:40 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,796,010 times
Quote:
So are you saying that doing the right thing is only based on others doing it too?
I am saying that IF we are going to force the people of the United States to correct the wrongs that their ancestors did, then it is only right to make EVERYONE do the same, including the native Hawaiians.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:44 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,760,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post

Another excellent point!
Many people were brought from all over Asia/Africa/etc., to work on plantations/railroads/etc.. Should their descendants be repatriated to their ancestral homelands to right this wrong? Obviously not. Few would willingly give up U.S. citizenship. The people who advocate to secede from this Nation are usually those who believe they would benefit financially or in increased status.
JMHO

Old 09-24-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Another excellent point!
Many people were brought from all over Asia/Africa/etc., to work on plantations/railroads/etc.. Should their descendants be repatriated to their ancestral homelands to right this wrong? Obviously not. Few would willingly give up U.S. The people who advocate to secede from this Nation are usually those who believe they would benefit financially or in increased status.
JMHO
Well your assuming that is what will happen. If Hawai'i changes hands you will get kicked out or forced to give up your U.S citizenship. This is banter of one group, there are many. Further i had said we should return it to the monarch bloodline. Further if your argument is slavery and comp that? Then that is a different matter, we are talking robbing a nation of peoples not individuals. Dont we have peoples living in our country with duel citizenship or no citizenship?

Isnt it the samething with America? They don't want to give up Hawai'i for because its profit

Old 09-24-2013, 09:05 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,743,758 times
Quote:
Further i had said we should return it to the monarch bloodline.
That makes no sense to me or most people. So, just because some folks in Marquesas (although that isn't 100% certain) decided to build some canoes and stumbled on some islands in the middle of the Pacific - their descendants should have it??

Last edited by whtviper1; 09-24-2013 at 09:36 PM..

Old 09-24-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
That makes no sense to me or most people. So, just because some folks in Marquesas (although that isn't 100% certain) decided to build some canoes and stumbled on some islands in the middle of the Pacific - their ancestors should have it??
Well thats makes about as much since as who ever has the biggest guns there ancestors own it right or wrong? Does that make since? Might isnt always right.

As i said earlier, we give the lands back to the bloodline of the last monarch, and if the decendents of the Manahune sue the Hawai'ian government for the land then that is there issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii