Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 PM

67 posts, read 269,727 times

Advertisements

I was wanting individual answers based on your likes and dislikes. Just trying to get a census on what a wide variety of people think is the best island. I still have other islands to visit before i can make that assessment. Just for fun because all i hear about on the big island is how wonderful oahu is and how they wish they could live there or visit there. Im not one that likes congested areas with very little land mass to hold them all. Traffic sucks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 01:25 PM

850 posts, read 4,364,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka'u View Post
I live on the Big Island now, its great if you enjoy living in the country or a small town -- Kona & Hilo are small towns to me. Lots of beautiful places to hike, camp and most people are awesome but many people come here to escape "something" and can be a little shady.

eh, brah! born and raised on o'ahu, but have moved to the big island like you. yes, we did move away to escape from, "something", but we're not shady characters.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:17 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,512,221 times
In my view, Oahu/Honolulu is simply a big city with decent weather. Crowded, bad traffic, etc. Much like Dallas where I once lived for 5 years except Dallas has more open space. In 30 days, one could see about all there is to see on Oahu. Island fever would set in very quickly with me on Oahu.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:28 PM

682 posts, read 2,794,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
In my view, Oahu/Honolulu is simply a big city with decent weather. Crowded, bad traffic, etc. Much like Dallas where I once lived for 5 years except Dallas has more open space. In 30 days, one could see about all there is to see on Oahu. Island fever would set in very quickly with me on Oahu.

Really? I've been here almost a year, and I feel like I've just scratched the surface of what Oahu has to offer!

Old 04-12-2009, 03:01 AM

36 posts, read 134,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Yeah, Maui is nice. Has great beaches and nice water. Good rodeo, too! You guys still burning cane over there?
Yeah, they still burn the cane but that's been part of Maui forever and it's mostly the newcomers who flip out about it. What's really so bad about an occasional sweet smell in the air and a bit of ash floating down? It's no big thing.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:32 PM

67 posts, read 269,727 times
Yeah im not sure i could do the Honolulu thing for much more than a year because we have been on the big island for almost four months and have done alot of things but i look at the map and we havent done anything yet. The size of this island makes me feel like im on the west coast because it is so big you dont feel surrounded by water like you do on other smaller islands. Thanks for all the replys! but keep them coming i would love to hear more about why such and such island is the best and or worst for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii