Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:13 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
On the Big Island in Waikaloa Village, you cannot miss eating at least once at Roy's.

roys/

A friend and his then new bride on their honeymoon liked it so much that they ate dinner there 10 nights in a row! I am not kidding.
We have Roy's right here in the Orlando area. Yes, it's wonderful, but I'm not sure I want to eat someplace that I can eat at home, you know?

But continue the suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 06:28 PM

493 posts, read 1,446,749 times
In the Keauhou area of the Kona Coast there is (was?) a great restaurant near the Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort. It's in a gated condo complex and is completely outdoor. If it's still there, try to get a table all the way out on the point. We've sat there after dinner and watched the sunset while finishing a nice bottle of wine, with the occasional spray of surf on a wam evening.

Farther up the coast, about seven miles from the airport in the Hualalai area is the Four Seasons Resort. Absolutely great dining!

Hualalai, Hawaii Fine Dining Restaurants : Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Menus

Ask if Karen is working if you go for dinner. She's one of the best.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:46 PM

1,046 posts, read 4,895,202 times
Maui is also an option. Let me know. I was going to DM you, but I see you have opted out of that.

E komo mai! (Welcome!)

Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 PM

1,178 posts, read 5,941,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I think we'd really like to spend a few days in Oahu so we can see the Arizona Memorial. As I mentioned, we really like history related attractions, and that seems to be a must see.
There is also a WWII submarine museum right next to the Arizona - the USS Bowfin. Worth your time. Plus an aviation museum on Ford Island.

I would also spend a full day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. All afternoon touring the various Polynesian villages, and the evening show is excellent.

Hank

Old 01-09-2010, 11:38 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,941,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
We want to spend a total of 9-10 days.

We want to see two islands, and are very open as to which two.
Here is a self-directed quiz you can take to help you decide which island(s):

Best Hawaiian Island - Choosing an Island for your Hawaii vacation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii