Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:56 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,572,705 times

Advertisements

Don't bother with the Maui trip, you wouldn't have time to do anything, and whatever you did do wouldn't even sink in until you got back to the madland. As far as Gone airlines,,, uuuurrrrpppp,, scuze me, I mean Go airlines, the two narcoleptic pilots are now flying on the mainland for NorthWest, boldly snoring where no man has snored before.
It has always amazed me how many folks come to Hawaii on the basic "Three day five Island package tour", I mean, really, whats the sense? By the time you get back home you need a vacation and never want to eat teriyaki chicken again! I've written a little story about it on another site..

aloha and,, uuuurrrrpppp,,,, scuze me, okolemaluna

EHHHH!!!! WHEA MY UMBRELLA DRINK STAY???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 01:08 PM

454 posts, read 1,407,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Ps - what kinds of activities are you planning on?

If you haven't considered it, look into the "Kauai Movie Tour". If you are a movie fan you may want to consider it. It was pretty cool. We did the "non-4x4" tour in the minibus.

Kauai Movie Tours - 4X4 Hawaii movie tours to the backcountry - Kauai four wheel drive tours - online booking of Kauai land tours - Hawaii tourist activity Information. (http://www.hawaiiwebdesign.com/Kauai_landtours.htm - broken link)

Ken
thanks, i'll check it out.

we're into hiking, photography, 4x4, snorkling (brining own equip :0)
we want to see all the waterfalls and pretty beaches, hike the rain forest, the wettest spot on earth, helicopter ride of the island (1 hour), and maybe even a couple of places that only locals know about? :-) (PM me hehe)

i wish there was a list of 'things to do' based on my interests mentions above...along with some costs involved?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:22 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleenex View Post
thanks, i'll check it out.

we're into hiking, photography, 4x4, snorkling (brining own equip :0)
we want to see all the waterfalls and pretty beaches, hike the rain forest, the wettest spot on earth, helicopter ride of the island (1 hour), and maybe even a couple of places that only locals know about? :-) (PM me hehe)

i wish there was a list of 'things to do' based on my interests mentions above...along with some costs involved?
Those are all the right things to be doing on Kauai, that's for sure. It's the perfect island for the outdoor enthusiast.

If you look on the link I provided you'll see lots of other tours etc (including a helicoptor tour (very, very cool)) that may interest you. Keep in mind that there are other websites that offer those types of activities so I'm not pushing one particular one.

Ken

Old 11-20-2009, 01:25 PM

PS - speaking of photography, if you are so inclined you may want to take a look at some of my trip pictures. Though most of the shots are of the South Pacific destinations I mentioned, there are several shots of Kauai (mostly in the "Return to Kauai" album).

lordbalfor's photos and albums on webshots

Ken

Old 11-20-2009, 01:33 PM

454 posts, read 1,407,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
PS - speaking of photography, if you are so inclined you may want to take a look at some of my trip pictures. Though most of the shots are of the South Pacific destinations I mentioned, there are several shots of Kauai (mostly in the "Return to Kauai" album).

lordbalfor's photos and albums on webshots

Ken
very cool :-)
nice pics. Webshots is so damn slow though! ughhhhh!

Old 11-20-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleenex View Post
very cool :-)
nice pics. Webshots is so damn slow though! ughhhhh!
Yeah, I know about Webshots being slow. It's pretty annoying to be sure. Didn't used to be that way, but somewhere along the line they "upgraded" and it's never been the same.

Anyway, enjoy your trip.

Ken

Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,589,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
It has always amazed me how many folks come to Hawaii on the basic "Three day five Island package tour", I mean, really, whats the sense? By the time you get back home you need a vacation and never want to eat teriyaki chicken again! I've written a little story about it on another site..

aloha and,, uuuurrrrpppp,,,, scuze me, okolemaluna

EHHHH!!!! WHEA MY UMBRELLA DRINK STAY???
Would that be the Teryaki Chicken Cologne ?

Old 11-20-2009, 02:43 PM

292 posts, read 948,780 times
I have been to Kauai 13 times, maybe the last time doesn't count cuz it was just to look at property, but there is still SO MUCH I want to do. The hikes alone are incredible, even though I have hiked Na Pali, it was only once and I want to go further on it. Many hikes from Koke'e Park too. Enjoy.
She is as beautiful an island as can be..
and my home in 8 months!!

Old 11-20-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise31 View Post
I have been to Kauai 13 times, maybe the last time doesn't count cuz it was just to look at property, but there is still SO MUCH I want to do. The hikes alone are incredible, even though I have hiked Na Pali, it was only once and I want to go further on it. Many hikes from Koke'e Park too. Enjoy.
She is as beautiful an island as can be..
and my home in 8 months!!
Oh, I'm jealous!

Ken

Old 11-20-2009, 03:03 PM

40 posts, read 175,888 times
Maui is amazing, and it would not be of any loss for you to go out of your way to experience it! I was there for a week and it only rained once and we were in the rain forest. The rain was warm and kind of pleasant actually! I would suggest going out on a boat and doing some snorkeling, and while you are there you have to try the sushi WOW!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii