Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:37 PM

682 posts, read 2,794,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
Lets expand to all Islands!

I like Burgers
Popular wisdom says the best burgers on Oahu are at Kua Aina. I think the burgers are OK, not great. And I cannot forgive soggy french fries.

I like "The Counter." Yeah, it's a chain. But it's a small chain, a locally-owned franchise, and there's lots of local stuff on the menu. (I don't think the franchise in Palo Alto serves Loco Moco.) The burgers are amazing (though too big to handle), and the trio of sweet potato fries, fries, and onion strings... I could go eat just that and be happy. Oh, and their shakes! The banana shake has chunks of banana in it.

OK, now I'm hungry, but I'm still at work for a few hours. Erg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,458,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbeet View Post
I think Bubba's (burgers) is overpriced and the burgers aren't that good. Besides, I don't like patronizing a place with such a bad attitude toward my profession (). I think it would be funny if someone sued them and they couldn't find a decent lawyer to defend them; on the other hand that would just reinforce their opinion, I'm sure. And it's all just marketing anyway.

I've heard that Ono Char Burger is good but I've never been there. I had a really great burger somewhere the other day, but can't remember where. Stay tuned and maybe the 'senior moment' will pass...

I don't like bubba's either- just went to the new one in Poipu. I also don't really like Duane's (Ono Char Burger). You always have to wait so long for the food and the burgers are only okay. Some people swear by them though. I like the ones at T&T burgers in Kapaa.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 AM

1,375 posts, read 6,303,674 times
Yes again on the 50s Diner! I posted this on flickr a while back after our first lunch there: 50s Highway Fountain & Laupahoehoe Train Museum (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cynthia_hoskins/sets/72157623192603848/show/ - broken link)

We also like to have burgers at the Mauna Lani pool bar...

Old 02-11-2010, 01:14 AM

11,050 posts, read 24,028,301 times
Great slideshow, Cynthia! No photos of the burgers, though. So what did you have to eat at the 50's? Did Larry come by your table and sing a 50's song for you? He remembers the songs from when they first came out.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:49 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresdo View Post
Do they have a Bubba's over there or are they only on Kauai?
Bubba's is great on Kauai, but if you want the best burger in the world it's on Kauai and the place is called "Duane's Ono Char Burger" in Anahola.
So ono.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:53 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,303,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Great slideshow, Cynthia! No photos of the burgers, though. So what did you have to eat at the 50's? Did Larry come by your table and sing a 50's song for you? He remembers the songs from when they first came out.
Funny you noticed that! I did take a pic of my meal (tuna-melt special) but by the time I did and was ready to take a pic of Tom's burger....it was 1/4 gone already! (Tried a little of his...it was very good!)

Didn't meet Larry on our visit. But, we'll be stopping again soon, I'm sure. (The 50s Hwy Fountain posts specials on their FB page too: Back to the 50s Highway Fountain )

Old 02-12-2010, 12:08 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Another vote for Duane"s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: