Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM

23 posts, read 128,951 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used the ABF cubes to move to Hawaii? What are your experiences? I am trying to decide on the cubes vs. getting a 20 ft. container. Pros / Cons ? THANKS much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 PM

44 posts, read 263,918 times
I'm not very clear on the factors you are looking for, but I used ABF U-Pack as a shipping company to Honolulu and was pleased with them. They were very expedious at getting the container to my door and were somewhat flexible when I needed an extra day to pack. The contents of our container were safe and protected with no issues. We came to Honolulu from California, and the price was comparable if not somewhat less than other shipping competitors.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:49 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,574,192 times
Aloha,

I got quotes from them I just had to much stuff but one of the reasons I didnʻt go with them was they had a weight limit on each cube and some of my things were heave and I knew I would go over.

Good luck and I sent you a DM look up top on the right

Old 04-27-2010, 12:58 PM

682 posts, read 2,785,995 times
I used ABF from the East Coast. I wasn't moving enough stuff for a full container. I wish I could have brought more than my one ABF cube, but it was the best option available.

And re: Koa's comment: my cube was WAAAAAY overweight (lots of books for an academic, plus a heavy wood dining table). They didn't charge us any extra fee at all. They told us on the phone that the weight limits were not enforced at all. Just FYI.

I was very happy with the door-to-door service. They were always there on time (or close enough), and everyone I dealt with was helpful. I would recommend them, but just be aware that the cubes are small. 6x7x9 is the outside measurement, and there are risers and things, so the inside is even smaller. If you're even considering a full container, then the cubes won't be big enough for you, not even close.

(This was about 2 years ago, so possibly things have changed.)

Old 04-27-2010, 01:45 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,607,758 times
Cubic feet to cubic feet, the 20' and 40' containers are cheaper, but if you don't have enough to fill the container, you would be paying more for the larger size with a container because you can use the available space. The mini containers are more total cost practical if you dont have afull container because your really only using and paying for what you need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii