U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-28-2012, 10:23 AM

19,125 posts, read 13,867,713 times

Advertisements

My husband has Medicare and a supplemental insurance. He has been told he needs to go and have a large kidney stone broken up at the Stone Institute of the Carolinas, this is a huge semi truck that services several hospitals for this proceedure, but we are concerned if this will be covered by Medicare and our supplemental insurance. We cannot afford to end up with some huge medical bill so if anyone has any experience with this kind of proceedure please share what you ended up paying out of pocket. I'd call the places but they are closed today and his proceedure is for tomorrow. I personally feel he is worrying about everything right now because he's never had any kind of surgery or medical work but if I can help to ease him regarding this one issue it would be wonderful.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 AM

18,717 posts, read 15,425,697 times
I don't know the answer to this question, but I do want to pass on a recent medical study that disputes the common wisdom that women in their senior years need more Calcium and Vitamin D. The study shows that taking these vitamins doesn't really help with bone issues--and they sometimes can be harmful to people who are prone to kidney stones.

Check with your doctor before taking these vitamins and discuss the concern about kidney stones if you think this might be an issue for you.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance