Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 12,207 times

Advertisements

So right now with my current job I have Cigna and the new job that I will transfer to only have "AllState",I looked up and down online and I cant find anything about allstate health insurance the only thing was this...

[url=http://www.myallstatefinancial.com/financial-products/supplemental-health-insurance.aspx]Supplemental Health Insurance Coverage Options | Allstate[/url]

Supplemental heath insurance,so what's supplemental health insurance ? Something to add to you current one ?

Help appreciate.

Thanks

Last edited by Boston2013; 06-26-2013 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 07:49 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,466,951 times
Your employer group health insurance coverage, negotiated between your employer and Allstate, should be very different than what you find online open to the general public. Talk to your HR people. Ask for plan documents outlining your benefits, copays, deductibles, max out-of-pocket, network of doctors and hospitals, etc.

It would be very unusual for an employer to offer supplemental health coverage only. This assumes you have primary coverage elsewhere. Not usual business procedure, as yet.

If you learn your employer is only offering supplemental coverage, then, of course, you'll need to find primary coverage somewhere. In 2014, you can buy Obamacare through the exchanges. Estimated cost calculator, here:

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Old 06-27-2013, 05:22 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
It's basically AFLAC or similar, where they pay a set fee or give you a set dollar amount if you get certain illnesses or injuries. It's not health insurance. If you move to a company that only offers plans like that, you will need to get an individual plan. Look on Cigna's website and you can price out individual plans.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,843 times
my name is haryl Richardson and I work for abm and I have two days before my enrolled date is due can you please help me get inrolled thank you.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:09 PM

484 posts, read 560,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrichardson1965 View Post
my name is haryl Richardson and I work for abm and I have two days before my enrolled date is due can you please help me get inrolled thank you.
I you work for abm, and your coverage is through your employer, call Human Resources tomorrow morning and tell them you need help enrolling.

If you work for abm and you don't have coverage through them, but need to get it through your state's health exchange, call the exchange tomorrow morning, tell them you've got two days left of your Special Enrollment Period and you need help enrolling. They should be able to refer you to navigators in your area who can help you get enrolled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance