Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 01:44 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
I didn't realize the ACA had done away with the requirement that ERs treat people regardless of health insurance status. Am I wrong? Robyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Here in Florida - we've learned that uninsured illegals admitted through the ER - even when stabilized - are really hard to evict from the hospital:

BTW - the jury of Martin County residents ruled in favor of the defendants. Didn't surprise me. Wouldn't be the health care that I'd care to rely on - but the mileage of other people may vary. Robyn

Which is why we have so much Medical Tourism.

In this state tourism is our #1 industry.

We get a lot of folks coming down South for their 'life-saving' treatments, all free of charge.

I have a couple friends who have even stayed here, rather than go back to Canada. Strictly because of the medical coverage here that we have at the ER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 03:17 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,048,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
On ALL medications or some? There is a federally defined list of preventive medications that are covered at 100%, but not all medications are subject to that. It's possible that your plan design has changed so you just pay a co-pay or co-insurance for medications and not a deductible but that is not something that is standard for everyone.
All meds...no co-pay now. We have never had a deductible on meds.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:33 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Then their complaints are meaningless. What if this deductible was $50 and now it's $100? That's 100% increase, is that HORRIBLE? See the point? People don't like change, they will whine and complain if they were given free coverage because of some reason...until they back it up with hard numbers they are just whiners in my book....
The only point I see thus far in this thread is that you're going to defend it regardless of what anyone says or the myriad complaints pouring in. From what I've heard and read, the uninsured with subsidies are doing OK but the middle class without subsidies are being financially slammed to pay for them. If future developments prove them and me wrong I'll let you know because my mind is open without regard to political issues and loyalties. Guess that's why I'm a true independent.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:27 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
The only point I see thus far in this thread is that you're going to defend it regardless of what anyone says or the myriad complaints pouring in. From what I've heard and read, the uninsured with subsidies are doing OK but the middle class without subsidies are being financially slammed to pay for them. If future developments prove them and me wrong I'll let you know because my mind is open without regard to political issues and loyalties. Guess that's why I'm a true independent.
Again, without numbers to back up their claims of "expensive" it's meaningless. If someone's plan went from $5 to $10, do you think that is expensive....

The cost increases I've seen are inline with annual increases and with the additional benefits covered. People have been posting a lot of assumptions and guesses on increases without really doing the research. There have been people that have listed the most expensive platinum policy price compared to their bare bones catastrophic plan claiming "huge increases"...I bet it was but its' a meaningless comparison...

Old 10-14-2013, 01:15 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Again, without numbers to back up their claims of "expensive" it's meaningless. If someone's plan went from $5 to $10, do you think that is expensive....

The cost increases I've seen are inline with annual increases and with the additional benefits covered. People have been posting a lot of assumptions and guesses on increases without really doing the research. There have been people that have listed the most expensive platinum policy price compared to their bare bones catastrophic plan claiming "huge increases"...I bet it was but its' a meaningless comparison...
Quite frankly, I think the biggest assumption is that anyone, let alone us plebeians, really knows how all this will play out. After all, even Congress didn't know what they passed. We won't either until all the elements come into play, if ever. Personally, we're not affected but we have children and grandchildren who will be. We wait and watch with interest. I suggest others do the same and without partisan biases and preconceptions. The jury is decidedly still out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance