Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 11:49 AM

176 posts, read 350,479 times

Advertisements

I've created two accounts but when I log into the website just says that "The information you entered isn't valid."

I did do password recoveries (even though I know I entered it in correctly), but the link sent to my email just says "We weren't able to process your request because we couldn't find a Marketplace profile that matched the information that you provided."

Again... for both accounts.

It's been like this since October 1st.

Is anyone else actually logging in and getting through to whatever the next stage is and to see the listing of plans? (This again is for healthcare.gov - the federal one used for 34 states that aren't running their own.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 12:25 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Our state is running their own exchange but there have been news stories of cases similar to your issue with the ID and they said that there is a glitch in the federal program. Give it a week or two and try again.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:13 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Many of the Insurance Companies do have their plans availabe online. You just have to know what your looking for and make sure you're looking at the ACA plans and not their regular underwriting approval plans. Look at the stcky thread and find your state, look at the plans for your county and decide which companies have plans your interested in. Go to that company's website and look up that plan.
At least for Florida Blue - there are plans for 2013 (underwritten) and plans for 2014 (ACA compliant). Still - there are dozens to go through. OTOH - the website there seems stable - so you can spend as much time there as you want to . Robyn

Old 10-05-2013, 02:27 PM

805 posts, read 1,870,922 times
Time will tell..but to me its looking like they have a really bad IT problem.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:29 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
Time will tell..but to me its looking like they have a really bad IT problem.
That is because they outsourced it to India.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:58 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
It's also because the feds are trying to input multiple insurance data from 26 states.

In WI, alone, there are over 7600 lines of data. We have a link in the sticky. The document is virtually unnavigable - and that's just WI. Duplicate that for 26 states and then all the permutations of offerings within each county of each state. Probably millions and millions of lines of data.

Ridiculous. The governors of the states refusing to establish a website for their own citizens are irreponsible. I blame them.

Go to the individual websites for the states who ARE responsive to their citizens. You'll have much better results - ex. CA, KY, MN.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:26 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
It's also because the feds are trying to input multiple insurance data from 26 states.

In WI, alone, there are over 7600 lines of data. We have a link in the sticky. The document is virtually unnavigable - and that's just WI. Duplicate that for 26 states and then all the permutations of offerings within each county of each state. Probably millions and millions of lines of data.

Ridiculous. The governors of the states refusing to establish a website for their own citizens are irreponsible. I blame them.

Go to the individual websites for the states who ARE responsive to their citizens. You'll have much better results - ex. CA, KY, MN.
The most complicated stuff I do on line (in terms of amounts of data) is trade. Equities and bonds. Hundreds of thousands of individual securities available to me with a "click" with prices that often change second by second.

And you know something - it works. On Fidelity. On E*Trade. On a couple of smaller securities websites I deal with as well. Fidelity tonight is listing 45,000 individual bond offerings (no firm prices of course - it's Saturday night and the bond markets are closed). With links to data about all of those offerings.

So how hard is it to list 40k policies - even 100k policies - with prices that change once a year?

These are people who think small - and only politically - and don't know how to do "doodle". Except make cheap political statements - like trying to shut down Biscayne Bay in Florida:

Federal shutdown shuts down Keys guides - Florida Keys - MiamiHerald.com

I doubt there's a single person anywhere in the White House who can write a single line of HTML code.

Perhaps they should have hired some people from Fidelity who know how to program. But whoops. They probably can't on a merit based system. They'll have to hire 2 white guys - 3 females - some black and brown and yellow people - and some blind and mentally deficient handicapped people people as well. And so it goes.... Robyn

Old 10-05-2013, 04:36 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
The most complicated stuff I do on line (in terms of amounts of data) is trade. Equities and bonds. Hundreds of thousands of individual securities available to me with a "click" with prices that often change second by second.

And you know something - it works. On Fidelity. On E*Trade. On a couple of smaller securities websites I deal with as well. Fidelity tonight is listing 45,000 individual bond offerings (no firm prices of course - it's Saturday night and the bond markets are closed). With links to data about all of those offerings.
Yes, and these firms have been providing this information for decades, and have been tweaking their software for decades. It's comparing apples and oranges. No comparison at all.

Quote:
So how hard is it to list 40k policies - even 100k policies - with prices that change once a year?
Plenty damn hard when you're talking about a brand new database and brand new software for thousands of counties in the United States each of which has different providers and fee schedules and possibly 25-35 different offerings per county, at least.

Quote:
These are people who think small - and only politically - and don't know how to do "doodle". Except make cheap political statements - like trying to shut down Biscayne Bay in Florida:

Federal shutdown shuts down Keys guides - Florida Keys - MiamiHerald.com

I doubt there's a single person anywhere in the White House who can write a single line of HTML code. Robyn
Well, that's probably true, but their job isn't to write HTML code. They also didn't the anticipate the level of resistance to the ACA and needing to provide exchange information for 26 uncooperative states.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:03 PM

805 posts, read 1,870,922 times
Others have said this, the job should have been given to Amazon.com

Old 10-05-2013, 08:32 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
I finally got in this morning, my God who ever put this together must be completely out of their mind! I am retired so they pick up last year years income and let me know we are eligible for a supplement. As i go forward they keep sticking in security questions like the original long list was not enough. Then they proceed to get me to re-create my 2014 tax return wanting to know our SS checks, pensions, interest income, and then we have a vacation rental so they want that too. Like how in the crap am I suppose to figure what our net will be in October?? I have gotten this far and STILL do not have a clue what plan and premium my wife might be eligible for. Instead of all the BS stuff, why can't they use last years info?? I feel sorry for just a normal person trying to apply, as I said, God help them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance