U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 01:47 AM

1 posts, read 29,617 times

Advertisements

Hi I am desperate not sleeping and probably getting sick so here it goes :

texas:
My husband and I apply for medicaid for my 2 sons and got approved for medicaid then chip then again medicaid in the past 5 years, last year January 2014 we got the renewal forms and I was not working at that time, things haven't been easy and we pretty much are in debt my husband suffers from anxiety and I started working on july 3 2014 I did not report this change because I did not know I was required to do so. now I just receive a letter for my husband to take to his employer and 1 form to my sons doctor so we can renew their medicaid. Apparently they haven't found out that I am working and reading this letter now I know that I can serve jail time or even been prosecuted for fraud in they have a penalty of 250 000 dlls. What can I do? Someone experience this? Should we wait until expires and then apply again now telling them that I work...? Will they ask me since when I worked? Please I am not eating not sleeping pretty much I want to die right now I have so many problems and I only have a part time job at walmart ... What is going to happen if I tell them.. or if I dont tell them they will eventually find out? PLEASE HELP ME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 07:28 AM

3,731 posts, read 4,164,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth gonzalez View Post

texas:
My husband and I apply for medicaid for my 2 sons and got approved for medicaid then chip then again medicaid in the past 5 years, last year January 2014 we got the renewal forms and I was not working at that time, things haven't been easy and we pretty much are in debt my husband suffers from anxiety and I started working on july 3 2014 I did not report this change because I did not know I was required to do so. now I just receive a letter for my husband to take to his employer and 1 form to my sons doctor so we can renew their medicaid. Apparently they haven't found out that I am working and reading this letter now I know that I can serve jail time or even been prosecuted for fraud in they have a penalty of 250 000 dlls. What can I do? Someone experience this? Should we wait until expires and then apply again now telling them that I work...? Will they ask me since when I worked? Please I am not eating not sleeping pretty much I want to die right now I have so many problems and I only have a part time job at walmart ... What is going to happen if I tell them.. or if I dont tell them they will eventually find out? PLEASE HELP ME
Report the income and apply for the benefits. I can guarantee you there are thousands of folks who did not and still do not know they need to report changes in income. Your failure to report was not intentional (key to a finding of fraud) and you will not go to jail. Some posters may try to scare you to death, please ignore them.

The sooner you report the income and the part time job the sooner you will be able to sleep soundly at night. BTW, some government agency, perhaps the IRS, has knowledge of your income and that information would be accessible to certain state and local agencies. So, just report it.

PS - If you are posting under your real name, change it.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:12 PM

21,498 posts, read 43,426,035 times
Listen to lenora. Sooner or later TX will find out about your income, as IRS reports find their way to the various state agencies - so report it.

Don't worry about criminal prosecution or anything close - it will not happen.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 23,379 times
i have a question , on childrens medicaid i failed to report a change about income . time passed by to fast it has been9 months to date now i fear consequences. what should i do i didn't intentionally do this act. i am also a dialysis patient so with all the hustle an buslte. dont know what step to take. will someone please help me

Last edited by cgarredondo; 07-07-2017 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: had more questions to add

Old 07-09-2017, 12:50 AM

616 posts, read 426,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth gonzalez View Post

texas:

You need to report that income/job asap. They will eventually find out later on that you didn't report that you had income/job during that time and you were still collecting benefits.They have your social security number and know all your info so they can find out what you made during that time. Always be honest when it comes to stuff like that. If you lie to them they consider it fraud.You will end up having to pay all that money back and could possibly go to jail.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 22,802 times
In 2013 I qualified for Medi-Cal. The last month of 2015 I started getting Social Security. I had turned 62. Over the last year I received notices about my Medi-Cal, that it was under review. I was told there was nothing for me to do. I would be notified of any changes. Last month I got a letter of renewal which asked for proof of income. I'm now told my Social Security amount is too much to qualify for Medi-Cal.
Since I didn't report my income changes, since 2015 ( I did not know I had to report that income change). During that time I had 3 ER visits and several visits to my Medi-Cal doctor.

What happens now? Am I in any trouble? Will I have to pay anything back?

Old 08-18-2018, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 10,692 times
My 9 year old disabilities! He’s
Now receiving home care services! I did got married last year but my husband is not working and my son is his step son! I just received renewal from from medical and I can’t eat or sleep I not sure if my poor son will still receive his service or not please help because I had change my status and it showed on my paycheck please help me!

Old 05-04-2019, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 93 times
Hi. I need some help. Here is my story. I helped my parent apply for Medicaid. Initially when I was applying my dad was still alive and when I called to ask about qualifications I mentioned that he had a house overseas still, but I might have said- donít really remember that he was still staying sometimes there. The lady on the phone told me the house would not be counted toward the application. About 6 month later after my dad died I finally got around to apply and for some reason I thought the house did not needed to be put in the application becaus was an overseas property. Then we got the benefits. 8 month later i thought nothing of it the meantime, One day I starting having a suspicion that the house might disqualify my mom so I started researching and calling the Medicaid and inquiring.some lady there told that she would not qualify if she has a house overseas. I realized I have made a huge mistake and I am going to talk to a lawyer and disclosing to Medicaid and paying back, but I am terrified that both me and my mom are in legal trouble and they might put as in jale for this. We have never broken any laws and i am right now frightened that this could destroy our lives. Can anyone that knows about this things tell me how the Medicaid procedures are about such mistakes and do they accuse you of fraud if you truly did not intended but cannot prove it? Do they have a process about situations like that, does it ever happen to anyone such things?please please help!

Old Today, 08:51 AM

12,960 posts, read 19,698,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy6532 View Post
Hi. I need some help. Here is my story. I helped my parent apply for Medicaid. Initially when I was applying my dad was still alive and when I called to ask about qualifications I mentioned that he had a house overseas still, but I might have said- donít really remember that he was still staying sometimes there. The lady on the phone told me the house would not be counted toward the application. About 6 month later after my dad died I finally got around to apply and for some reason I thought the house did not needed to be put in the application becaus was an overseas property. Then we got the benefits. 8 month later i thought nothing of it the meantime, One day I starting having a suspicion that the house might disqualify my mom so I started researching and calling the Medicaid and inquiring.some lady there told that she would not qualify if she has a house overseas. I realized I have made a huge mistake and I am going to talk to a lawyer and disclosing to Medicaid and paying back, but I am terrified that both me and my mom are in legal trouble and they might put as in jale for this. We have never broken any laws and i am right now frightened that this could destroy our lives. Can anyone that knows about this things tell me how the Medicaid procedures are about such mistakes and do they accuse you of fraud if you truly did not intended but cannot prove it? Do they have a process about situations like that, does it ever happen to anyone such things?please please help!
You should have started your own thread, but that's okay. If you tell them and are ready to pay it back, I doubt that you will face any jail time. You'll be okay. Contacting a lawyer probably won't hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance