Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 02:42 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
No, if you go back and read the conversation, she was taking about ONE person on her plan, so unless the INDIVIDUAL deductible was $10,000 what she said about the $5000 was incorrect.....
Family...how do all these people know and you don't? Because you're trying to be correct. You're not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
again, follow the conversation, the bill was $5000, which would have met her INDIVIDUAL portion of the deductible, not only 1/2 of the deductible as she said.....not to mention she still hasn't clarified if that 10K is actually her deductible or her out of pocket max....
How is paying a collective deductible which probably will never be met, plus 800 a month, with a 30% or co pay after all that anything but a dire emergency plan? Who in their right mind thinks this is a decent cost for a catastrophic plan?

I finally got one for 1150 a month with a 3000 deduct, plus 30% after we meet it. Not to mention I had to get dental, and the plan doesn't cover eyeglasses.

There is no spin you can put on this to make it within reason for a middle class family.

I just heard that the plan I picked will be pulled next year. Second time this is happening. United heath care has had it with obamacare. They're going commercial.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:15 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
How is paying a collective deductible which probably will never be met, plus 800 a month, with a 30% or co pay after all that anything but a dire emergency plan? Who in their right mind thinks this is a decent cost for a catastrophic plan?

I finally got one for 1150 a month with a 3000 deduct, plus 30% after we meet it. Not to mention I had to get dental, and the plan doesn't cover eyeglasses.

There is no spin you can put on this to make it within reason for a middle class family.

I just heard that the plan I picked will be pulled next year. Second time this is happening. United heath care has had it with obamacare. They're going commercial.
Bingo.

All this and more. Our BRONZE plan currently costs $1137 a month, with a $5000 EACH deductible, and 25 percent after that in network, with NO cap on out of pocket expenses outside of network. OH, and they just did away with most copays - we pay everything - EVERYTHING - out of pocket till we meet the deductible, except for a few preventive care tests - which strangely enough, always end up costing us out of pocket for something or other anyway.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:08 AM

3,613 posts, read 4,116,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Bingo.

All this and more. Our BRONZE plan currently costs $1137 a month, with a $5000 EACH deductible, and 25 percent after that in network, with NO cap on out of pocket expenses outside of network. OH, and they just did away with most copays - we pay everything - EVERYTHING - out of pocket till we meet the deductible, except for a few preventive care tests - which strangely enough, always end up costing us out of pocket for something or other anyway.
Yep, that is how HSA plans work....and again, selecting a Bronze plan usually ends up costing more in the long run...but you won't listen so....

Old 11-20-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Yep, that is how HSA plans work....and again, selecting a Bronze plan usually ends up costing more in the long run...but you won't listen so....
I didn't pick a bronze plan. I picked a gold plan, but since you brought it up those people who have no choice but to pick a bronze plan are doubly screwed. I feel sorry for them paying $600 dollars a month for absolutely nothing. Disgusting abuse of a horribly run system!!

Old 11-20-2015, 11:15 AM

9,853 posts, read 7,724,981 times
Quote:
What plan do you suggest for healthy people who don't go to the doctor?

Old 11-23-2015, 10:34 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,412,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
About $300 was withheld from my refund. Much cheaper than paying the almost $200 a month for health insurance.

Cheap now.... expensive later.

Just don't come asking for any help from society when you get hit by a car, or have a stroke, or get pneumonia, or get diagnosed with cancer, or trip on the stairs and crack your head open, or use a nursing home, or....... You cover all expenses for the rest of your life.

As long as you sign that contract that you are a blessed island that will have no medical costs you can't absorb yourself. Fine with me.

If not.... grow up, and get your insurance.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Cheap now.... expensive later.

Just don't come asking for any help from society when you get hit by a car, or have a stroke, or get pneumonia, or get diagnosed with cancer, or trip on the stairs and crack your head open, or use a nursing home, or....... You cover all expenses for the rest of your life.

As long as you sign that contract that you are a blessed island that will have no medical costs you can't absorb yourself. Fine with me.

If not.... grow up, and get your insurance.
How do you expect people to magically afford the gold plans that actually WILL pay for that in this lovely for profit system of health? Just curious.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:06 PM

3,613 posts, read 4,116,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
How do you expect people to magically afford the gold plans that actually WILL pay for that in this lovely for profit system of health? Just curious.
One example from someone I talked to today...had the choice between basically a bronze, silver and gold plan. The gold plan was $96/pay (26 pay), silver was $43/pay, bronze $23/pay. Ded/OOP max $2000/4000....3000/6000...5000/10,5000. I'll let you do the math on that....

Old 11-23-2015, 05:06 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
One example from someone I talked to today...had the choice between basically a bronze, silver and gold plan. The gold plan was $96/pay (26 pay), silver was $43/pay, bronze $23/pay. Ded/OOP max $2000/4000....3000/6000...5000/10,5000. I'll let you do the math on that....

I wish there were gold plans that cheap where we live. Where is this? Was this for an 18 year old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance