Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 02:55 PM

18 posts, read 30,447 times

Advertisements

I had my tooth extraction and bone graft done when I was with Guardian insurance.
Then my employer(a small startup) partnered with Trinet (which I understand is an umbrella company which enables big company benefits for startups) which become my co-employer.
This reset my dental insurance and I chose guardian again for dental, but this switch assigned me a new plan number.

Now, when I go for implant, Guardian is saying they will not cover the implant surgery because of "missing tooth clause".
I am with the same insurance "Guardian" from tooth extraction to implant, also I am with the same employer.
How can I convince guardian that my implant should be covered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 05:45 AM

3,613 posts, read 4,090,106 times
Your coverage is based on the actual plan you have, not the insurance company and not your employer even. Many employers have multiple medical and dental plans, each with their own contract. You can certainly file an appeal stating what you have said here, but they are probably under no obligation to pay your claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance