Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 05:57 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times

Advertisements

People should realize simple important things;

A Tax Credit means absolutely nothing to people making under 20k as a adult. Nor does it mean anything to a family of 4 trying to live on 50-60K a year. When the cost of Insurance is already astronomical.
What kind of benefit is a Tax Credit to a Retired Person living on Social Security. Anyone who voted for Republican Madness should be filled with shame. One should not have lived their life to be and remain a SERF.

As to this Administration.
People better wake up, or do you choose to be an indentured servant of the wealthy, with billionaires telling you that you can't have health care and won't raise a hand to put caps on the cost Insurance Companies can charge for Coverage.
This system is nothing but a Antebellum Mess. It says, basically, if you are too old to work, we don't need you, just die off and do it quickly. Its saying to handicapped people that we have little to no concern for you, and if you are young and have health issues, if you can't work, then 's-rew you too" .. These Republican have no use for any human being that cannot make money for them!!!! Will it take another 100 years before people realize it.

Trump is like some Old Greed Driven Plantation Owner from the past. Paul Ryan looks like someone that has a Confederate Military Uniform in his Closet, and the rest of them, have their white capes and pointed hats, still pushing the same ignorance they did for Centuries.

It's unconscionable that people in this day and age would even consider support Republican Madness, but the truth is many still want to remain being SERF's the exact same as their Ancestry was before they came here, and they have passed that script of how to be a SERF from generation to generations and today, we have a mass of SERF's, and most are to uneducated and too unaware to even know it.

Today, we have people sending their kids to University Campuses with the same Racism they as parents grew up lusting for, they send these same young people to be the next generation of imbeciles, pushing racist bigotry on campuses, and expecting white first entitlement to anything and everything, or they run around like a KKK group on The modern day campuses at American universities.

American people need to get over their skin and wake the hell up.... your skin has made you stupid for centuries and decades and you still have not figured it out. The wealthy play you like a yo yo and tell you over and over again...

The Wealthy White Man will Take Care of You..... and every time he has s-rewed you over centures after century and decades after decade and you are still lusting behind him. YOU ARE A SERF;

For those who truly don't know what it means.

I'll explain:

SERF: a person in a condition of servitude, required to render services to a lord. His master owns the jobs, the banks and insurance companies and etc..... and they keep you indentured in every way that is imaginable for them to do.
The master lets you go to Wal Mart and maybe around the city, but he knows you can barely afford to go outside of a 30 mile radius and you cannot go to the places that the wealthy frequent, nor should you attempt to.
If you go on a vacation, there better be something comparable to a Motel 6, or a No Name Motel, and if you over stay, you might not be able to eat and buy your medicine for the next month.
You can't afford to upgrade and maintain your home and you likely better not consider going to the Organic section in the market, and stick with the "canned poisons and frozen arteries cloggers they sell". Still you don't acknowledge that you've voted to remain a SERF.

You supported the Confederacy, who waged war in Congress to over take the United Stated and you assisted them. They are now invoking the Antebellum System all over again, and you can't even see it. because they got you hung up on your own skin color with some Vain home that one day you might hit the lottery and become wealthy.
many of the people who have accumulated a few $100K, can't spend it because it is a safety net, and the first major illness, might just make them wake up and realize they are still a pauper.

One has a perpetual vehicle payment, with not means to escape it, and when they get old, they have often times a run down vehicle that they are trapped within and wake up that age has made it so they can't factor to afford a new vehicle.

Some that have money that may be even several 100k, trying to live the high life, and blind to the fact, that the Multimillion dollare society is so far out of your reach, you only waste your money trying to pretend to that you can go where they go. Then you get there and find out they speak a language that you don't understand, and talk about things you know nothing of. They plot to keep the masses indentured, and you are deluded to think they have a sense of good will. They could care less about you, and they may give you their office phone, but you will never get in that office to see them.

People chasing Fiction, fiction about their skin and fictions about money. Many have proven to be of such foolishness.

Republican pushed "a F--- Y--- Health Care Bill", and many of the SERF are sitting around clapping as if they've backed up to a stump and standing in the ready mode, with their own KY....

None are smart enough to push a mandate that their elected congression people stand up and push a bill that puts a cap on Health Care that it cannot consume more than 10% of your income. People realize, system set up under Obama protected you from having your home seized by medical establishment, and helped you not get ripped on your mortgages, where it has to fit under 30% of your income. Tax take up 27% or more... so what do you have left?

Wake the heck up. You wonder why you can't afford to go to a movie and eat overpriced popcorn. The only place you can go for lunch or dinner is to try and hunt down a buffett or some no name restaurant. Your kids are fast becoming pill addicts, and other type of addicts and lost in confusion because jobs are reserved for those who bought a Get A Job Certificate at some over priced University, that only teach them how to make the wealthy more money while ensuring that the workers are maintained at the level of indentured servititue. Trump opposed Min Wage Hike, so Minimum wage is NO MORE THAN IT COST TO BASICALLY HOUSE AND FEED A SLAVE. tHAT IS ALL HE EVER HAS PAID TO INDENTURED SERVANTS. All they can get is substandard housing that is a level up from slave quarters, and they eat substandard food, which is the over ripen or near spoiled that which is picked before its even mature enough to be picked. And they are locked into a 30 mile radius and some as they get older, are locked in a 10 mile radius, and if they are a minority in a poor areas, they are confined to a 6-10 block radius, only on occasions can they go to a 20 block radius.

As long as the wealthy can keep people hung up on their skin color, this system continue to be the basis that ensure that the Wealthy become the Controllers of you!!!! and relegate you to the Service Class, who's role is to serve them.

People have been turned into every kind of "hustler" one can imagine just to survive.... and when their health fails them, they have nothing..... Go to Emergency, they patch you up, and send you home, knowing full well that you would need follow up care, but to them, its not their concern. They use you as a numbers stat, to get some grant funds, so they can pay themselves handsomely.

Wake up people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you hate to hear it, but you need to hear it, and you need to hear more of it until you can break through the shell of madness about your skin and actually learn to pay attention and listen.... that you might become one day wise enough to Awaken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 07:32 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Union members that pushed for Obamacare ran away from it when it was their turn to sign up. Morals end where the wallet starts.
You do understand that if you have employer sponsored health insurance and you opt out of it and sign up for the ACA you lose premium tax credits and you are ineligible for subsidies, right? I'm not sure why you would expect any union member to do such a thing.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:37 PM

what a horror, this is cruel beyond what anyone would ever imagine. How can anyone who signed this look in the mirror?

Old 05-04-2017, 07:53 PM

7,926 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You do understand that if you have employer sponsored health insurance and you opt out of it and sign up for the ACA you lose premium tax credits and you are ineligible for subsidies, right? I'm not sure why you would expect any union member to do such a thing.
Because they pushed for it via their union dues. Because they screamed about we needed it in this country. Why didn't they just ask for premium assistance from their employer to buy from the marketplace? That is what you should do when you are claiming something is the best thing since sliced bread.

This why Obamacare failed and this Trump care bill was passed: not enough younger healthy people bought into the marketplace. Getting millions of employees buying into the marketplaces would have saved Obamacare by gaining a better pool to help lower premiums.

And this is why universal coverage will not happen until employer provided healthcare gets so crappy that everyone is hurt by it.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Because they pushed for it via their union dues. Because they screamed about we needed it in this country. Why didn't they just ask for premium assistance from their employer to buy from the marketplace? That is what you should do when you are claiming something is the best thing since sliced bread. This why Obamacare failed and this Trump care bill was passed: not enough younger healthy people bought into the marketplace. Getting millions of employees buying into the marketplaces would have saved Obamacare by gaining a better pool to help lower premiums. And this is why universal coverage will not happen until employer provided healthcare gets so crappy that everyone is hurt by it.
It sounds like you are trying to get me to give you an answer to a question which you already have an answer to waiting in the wings... so, let's try this. You tell me why they pushed for the ACA.

PS I have no idea what you are claiming that I called "the best thing since sliced bread", so please provide me a quote where I said that.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:09 PM

7,926 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Quote:
It sounds like you are trying to get me to give you an answer to a question which you already have an answer to waiting in the wings... so, let's try this. You tell me why they pushed for the ACA.

PS I have no idea what you are claiming that I called "the best thing since sliced bread", so please provide me a quote where I said that.
IMO pushed for it for political reasons. Probably paid dues to get the more friendly regulations requiring people to have to sign up for the union and easier to maintain closed shops which were passed under the administration. Political tit for tat. You raise us some money, you get something back.

I didn't say you claimed aca was the best thing since sliced bread. The commercials etc paid for by union dues for lobbying was pushing that idea.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:49 PM

5,328 posts, read 6,016,928 times
The icing on the cake would be disallowing the (pretaxed) employer/employee health insurance deduction. I'll going to grab the popcorn, sit back and watch the show.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:13 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
The icing on the cake would be disallowing the (pretaxed) employer/employee health insurance deduction. I'll going to grab the popcorn, sit back and watch the show.
CNBC raised that issue last earlier this week. Apparently, this is a very real possibility - which then puts the lie to the so-called double standard deduction - which could be totally offset if that happened. Loss of other deductions could very well result in a tax increase. We need to know where the new 10%, 25% tax brackets end. In the end, I think people earning under $100k will be paying more unless they take advantage of the enhanced HSA deduction.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:21 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
what a horror, this is cruel beyond what anyone would ever imagine. How can anyone who signed this look in the mirror?
Our healthcare system is broke and something needs to be done. We spend so much for so little (compared to other countries). I just don't think these GOPers have a clue how to fix it.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:46 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Hope that the Senate thinks about this more deeply.

Health care: Republicans pass bill to replace Obamacare - CNNPolitics.com
The new Trumpcare plan is nothing more than Obamas ACA with a few tweeks, but now that Trump has hijacked the ACA its the most wonderful plan in history.For those thinking this is some major replace and repeal of Obamacare you've been duped once again.
Heres how Canadas healthcare system came to be and how it is run=
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance