Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 05:36 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

These two threads were NOT identical
When I wrote the first I knew little specifics about the plan we would be rolled into
/the second one I was asking for specific questions to ask that might be helpful in making the decision to stay within my retirement plan's option--a Humana Advantage plan that is "different" than a non--TRS Humana Advantage plan...

I guess one question to ask is how does this plan differ from the Human Advantage plans that are offered to non-TRS members

Good to know that Part D is not income surcharge related--
I could have sworn I read it was---same as the B--

Right now the Humana Advantage TRS plan will be 6877 a year for both of us--so halved is 3438 each plus our part B premiums
Not having to go into a donut hole--which using our zip code and my husband's RXs he goes into on every plan offered--would be better choice
I am just not sure about the portability of this plan if we go out of state--
Despite what it promises...

As you say
We can try it until the next Medicare/Medigap unroll meant period in October 2018
It is just if we drop this coverage (TRS) it is not likely we can be reinstated if by some miracle it became better than Medicare/Medigap/Part D options
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 05:42 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Good to know that Part D is not income surcharge related--
I could have sworn I read it was---same as the B--
Apologies. You are correct. I was not. https://www.medicare.gov/part-d/cost...-premiums.html

The higher income, if it is a one-time occurrence due to home sale/severance, etc., can be appealed. Many here have had success doing that.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:32 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
I'm getting confused. So I'll start by asking the core concern.

My problem is they are taking 150 dollars for plan B. I need it back. I don't really want to not take B and have a problem, but the stress from the money problem isn't helping. I currently have no plan.

Among any of these plans, which would pay part B?

What would they cost me?

I take no rx meds, just suppliments and vitamins. I am picky about brands and content and would not settle for what was covered and will buy my own. I do need my ostomy stuff covered, at least what insurence will. The liquid adhesive which is needed is not supposed to be, so I suppose its still not going to have it paid for. I spend at least sixty dollars a month on it, up to 80 or so. It is the only kind of adhesive I find works.

If I can't find a solution to the part b problem (as in I need the money) I might need to drop it.

I'm going to look at all the options again, but the basic core fact is I need enough for bills too, and unless a plan deals helps with plan B, there is no reason to look at it.

As for extra help, I have a form which apparently does not pay for part B. It has something to do with medication.

Suggestions are welcome, but I specifically need help in relief from part B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance