Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2017, 10:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

This is the link to the Medicare.gov site that shows how insurance providers price the Medigap policies they offer in my zip code...
https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan....aspx?ref=home

AARP/UHC is community based
Humana is issued age rated AND attainted age as well
CIGNA is attainted -age like most but has an "important note" listed which says Individual plans

Can anyone explain what that means--no definition on the page itself--
And how it effects the pricing policy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 12:54 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,130,360 times
community based means they base their pricing over the ages of all the people on the program and it is the best. The attained age if just that they base the cost on your attained age and it keeps going up based on that, your attained age at any given time.
I can't really explain the last one.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Thanks--
Do you have any experience with people who have started/stayed on AARP/UHC plans and those who chose attainted age provider and stayed there? As far as cost increases in older years?? I have read AARP/UHC allows people to move down to lesser coverage like F to G w/o being rated--which seems reason in addition to the community based pricing...

I looked on the CIGNA site w/o much luck re that term and on Medicare.gov site w/o finding anything specific

My agent is closed today--
Will ask Monday if that is something special CIGNA might do maybe as a rider policy--like dental or maybe hearing...but most supplemental dental plans I have seen are not really cost efficient...

Old 11-25-2017, 05:52 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,130,360 times
Lovestoread,
Yes AARP/UHC does in fact allow you to change between their plans without underwriting. I just did it changed from F to G about 3 weeks ago. No problem at all and both I and my husband have serious medical problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance