Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 12:52 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,130,360 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to throw in my support for AARP/UHC it is the only one with both discount the first few years and community based pricing and the service so far for husband and myself has been excellent we also have Silverscript and so far that has been okay.

You can go online to AARP website and sign up right there online for their supplement plans, I also suggest the Plan G if it is available in your state now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 01:49 PM

363 posts, read 349,319 times
does AARP offer a high-deductible Plan F? I looked and did not see it on their website. might be zipcode dependent?

fwiw, Forbes had an article a few years ago, that said AARP got a third of its income from UHC royalties.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...ts-to-medicare

Old 12-29-2017, 03:46 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashlight View Post
does AARP offer a high-deductible Plan F? I looked and did not see it on their website. might be zipcode dependent?
No, AARP UHC is notable in its absence from the hd-F market just about everywhere. I have not heard of one state where it is offered. It's not a money-maker as premiums are so low - like $50-$60/mo, there's no real incentive for them to bother about the product. Many other reliable companies, however, do offer the hd-F. What is your zipcode?

Old 12-29-2017, 04:04 PM

363 posts, read 349,319 times
I am merely 59M and I will have tricare, so my looking is just for my curiosity/education.

since I plan on moving, I just entered the zipcode of Indianapolis (46226).

their site showed 10 supplements, 3 advantage, and 4 drug plans. good selection.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:50 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,189,978 times
Just curious - Can you have the AARP Medi-gap premium deducted directly from the Social Security check? Just enrolled with plan number today [already enrolled via US mail] online today and only auto-pay choice was direct checking withdrawl or a coupon book. Did this online, call-center is closed today. Yes, I have a checking account so it is not a problem, but am curious as to why you can have the Medicare RX plan deducted from the check, but not the Medi-Gap plan check.

Anyone?

Old 01-01-2018, 04:10 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Because, just like Part B, Part D is a federally subsidized program. Medigap is private insurance not subsidized by the govt.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:22 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,189,978 times
Okay! Thank you! Now I know that I did the right thing, signing up for the direct payment -- better than getting sick and being unable to mail in the coupon and payment.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:21 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
No, AARP UHC is notable in its absence from the hd-F market just about everywhere. I have not heard of one state where it is offered. It's not a money-maker as premiums are so low - like $50-$60/mo, there's no real incentive for them to bother about the product. Many other reliable companies, however, do offer the hd-F. What is your zipcode?
Premiums for AARP/UHC Plan F low???? No way!! I just signed up for Plan F two weeks ago and my monthly premiums are $214! This is in Florida. $27 and change for my WALGREEN'S Rx plan, which, if I switch to Walgeen's from Walmart, my tier 1 scripts are $0!! All of my scripts are tier 1. They are cheap enough at Wally-World but $0 is even better!

No deductibles for anything on Plan F. I know of two people who had Plan F, decided to switch down to plan G and then wanted to switch back to Plan F! Guess what? They were denied because when they signed up for Plan F, no health questions except end stage renal and heart problems. Then they had to answer questions when they wanted to go back to Plan F. Denied. PLUS their insurance was cancelled altogether! Now they have NO INSURANCE and one of them just busted his wrist this past Thursday and won't got get it looked at! This is in answer to someone else's question I saw posted while I was looking around this forum for the first time today.

This too....I did the same thing with automatic payment, have my AARP/UHC taken out of my SS and have my WALGREEN'S Rx taken out of my checking account. Very glad to do so because I don't have to rely on my sometimes bad memory.

My Plan F kicks in in April, my WALGREEN'S Rx plan starts March. I am looking very much forward to using these two plans. Expensive, yes, but not having to shovel money out of pocket will be well worth it, IMO.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:36 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
We did lots of research before we signed up for Medicare and so glad we chose UHC -F. We really don't have many health problems but who knows what the future holds...well, we do but we're still breathing. Anyway, I agree with the many other posters also chose a Medigap plan.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:28 AM

7,514 posts, read 13,608,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
No, AARP UHC is notable in its absence from the hd-F market just about everywhere. I have not heard of one state where it is offered. It's not a money-maker as premiums are so low - like $50-$60/mo, there's no real incentive for them to bother about the product. Many other reliable companies, however, do offer the . What is your zipcode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Premiums for AARP/UHC Plan F low???? No way!! I just signed up for Plan F two weeks ago and my monthly premiums are $214! This is in Florida. $27 and change for my WALGREEN'S Rx plan, which, if I switch to Walgeen's from Walmart, my tier 1 scripts are $0!! All of my scripts are tier 1. They are cheap enough at Wally-World but $0 is even better!

<snip>
Ariadne is speaking of the High-Deductible version of Plan F (hd-F). Not regular Plan F.

As said, AARP/UHC does not offer hd-F. For those few who don't need a lot of doctoring, hd-F can be a money saver. Similar to the HSA plans for the under-65 folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance