U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 01:32 PM

14,301 posts, read 17,505,128 times

Advertisements

Now that Canadadrugs.com has been caught doing truly awful things, I don't trust them, nor do I want to give them another dime of our money. Canadian pharmacy fined $34 million for illegal imports | News & Observer

DH takes one cholesterol med that is not available with a generic in the US and, if we bought it through his Part D Medicare plan, would put him in the donut hole in 5 months. We've had zero trouble with it from Canada Drugs, and yes, his cholesterol has come down considerably because of this drug.

So - those of you who use Canada Drugs, are you going elsewhere? What alternatives are there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 08:58 AM

2 posts, read 664 times
Canadacloudpharmacy.com are the best alternative I found... they’re an actual licensed pharmacy in Vancouver and only send medication from Canada. You can speak with the Pharmacist as I have done... super pleased with the service and the product

Old 05-26-2018, 09:06 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,061,126 times
How does it work? I've never used a Canadian pharmacy but always wondered. Does your regular US doctor's prescription work there, or what?

Old 05-26-2018, 11:10 AM

608 posts, read 281,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
So - those of you who use Canada Drugs, are you going elsewhere? What alternatives are there?
There are hundreds of online pharmacies, a little research and you will find them. Most ship the same medications that W-M and CVS sell, made by the same factories in India, Singapore, etc. Prices are ridiculously low.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:51 PM

8,768 posts, read 10,342,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
There are hundreds of online pharmacies, a little research and you will find them. Most ship the same medications that W-M and CVS sell, made by the same factories in India, Singapore, etc. Prices are ridiculously low.
Ah, but the truth is many are manufactured in a shadow factory. That is when a factory running brand name medication on the first and second shift with manufacture QC and inspectors present, uses packaging and spoiled or left over ingredient in various levels of dilution to run counterfeits on the third shift after the manufactures inspection personnel have gone. The packaging looks and feels just like the OEM because it's the exact same packaging, but the medication and binders can be anything form near exact as OEM all the way to minimum medication with crushed sawdust and cow dung as the binder.

I personally fail to see what savings any of these locations can give that makes gambling on my medication worth it.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:40 PM

608 posts, read 281,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Ah, but the truth is many are manufactured in a shadow factory. That is when a factory running brand name medication on the first and second shift with manufacture QC and inspectors present, uses packaging and spoiled or left over ingredient in various levels of dilution to run counterfeits on the third shift after the manufactures inspection personnel have gone. The packaging looks and feels just like the OEM because it's the exact same packaging, but the medication and binders can be anything form near exact as OEM all the way to minimum medication with crushed sawdust and cow dung as the binder.

I personally fail to see what savings any of these locations can give that makes gambling on my medication worth it.
You are free to believe all of that even though from a manufacturing standpoint it makes no sense for any legitimate company to do the things you claim. Where I live in AZ, people routinely go across the border to Mexico to get their medications at better prices. It's just another charming facet of the U.S. Healthcare system, over-priced drugs and import laws that limit competition. People in India and Mexico pay $2, but because you're an American, you get to pay $10 for the same blister pack of pills. Winning!

Old 05-26-2018, 01:42 PM

34,563 posts, read 42,724,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Now that Canadadrugs.com has been caught doing truly awful things, I don't trust them, nor do I want to give them another dime of our money. Canadian pharmacy fined $34 million for illegal imports | News & Observer

DH takes one cholesterol med that is not available with a generic in the US and, if we bought it through his Part D Medicare plan, would put him in the donut hole in 5 months. We've had zero trouble with it from Canada Drugs, and yes, his cholesterol has come down considerably because of this drug.

We use either Northwest Pharmacy, or Global, depending on the price. No issues.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:45 PM

34,563 posts, read 42,724,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
How does it work? I've never used a Canadian pharmacy but always wondered. Does your regular US doctor's prescription work there, or what?
You would get a paper prescription from your doctor and either photograph it and attach it to an email, or fax it.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:31 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,061,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You would get a paper prescription from your doctor and either photograph it and attach it to an email, or fax it.
Thanks!

Old 05-28-2018, 01:48 PM

11,384 posts, read 7,835,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Thanks!
Here's a bit more information.

"Prescriptions written by U.S. physicians require a co-signature from a Canadian doctor before a Canadian pharmacist can legally fill them. Canada's internet pharmacies wouldn't be able to operate legally without the practice of co-signing, but from the beginning it's been the source of controversy..."

"However, it's against the standards of care for doctors in every province to prescribe drugs without a direct physician-patient relationship. "

Canadian doctors co-signing prescriptions for U.S. patients | CBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or