Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 08:28 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Really? Then what is it about if its not about OPs link? The patient is getting sued because the dr billed for a procedure that wasnt performed and the patient complained publicly.
No, (if you bother to even take a second to read the complaint filed in the lawsuit) the lawsuit is not just about her personal experience but about her also posting about how this is happening to other patients when she in fact has no knowledge that it was or did happen. She made that part up in her own little mind. That is what got her in trouble. As I and others have attempted to point out, if she would have stopped at her own experience, no lawsuit would have occurred. Now do you understand what we are discussing? Once again, read the bolded portion so you don't keep injecting whats wrong with the latest Barbie fashion when we're discussing the business failure of Toys-R-Us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 09:45 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,543,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
No, (if you bother to even take a second to read the complaint filed in the lawsuit) the lawsuit is not just about her personal experience but about her also posting about how this is happening to other patients when she in fact has no knowledge that it was or did happen. She made that part up in her own little mind. That is what got her in trouble. As I and others have attempted to point out, if she would have stopped at her own experience, no lawsuit would have occurred. Now do you understand what we are discussing? Once again, read the bolded portion so you don't keep injecting whats wrong with the latest Barbie fashion when we're discussing the business failure of Toys-R-Us!
You’re such a nice person arent you? Anyone that critizes modern medicine on many of these threads gets put down. Typical of the supporters of current medical practice. Thank you.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:51 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
What about Hipaa? He published her medical records?

Old 06-01-2018, 10:14 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
What about Hipaa? He published her medical records?
According to the complaint, that is part of the defamation. She claims the doctor published her records but the doctor counters that it never happened. The only thing the press has reported is a response comment from the doctor to her negative review that basically said the ailments she complained about far exceeds what an annual checkup can diagnose. Since she has deleted the reviews and comments, we'll never know what she said and how he responded until the evidence is presented in court.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:52 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
THAT is why I rarely give reviews, and, on the rare occasions when I do make my thoughts known, I almost always state "In My Opinion" or "IMO".
The only time I will ever state something as a fact is when I have ironclad, copper-bottomed PROOF of the facts of the matter!

In today's litigious society, one could get sued if they gave a glowing, "what a wonderful place" review, and somebody else had a terrible experience with them. It is quite possible that the new customer could sue because they believed your glowing review and patronized the place based purely on your review.
Many years ago, when I was a first-line supervisor for a large plant, we were told that we could not give a personal recommendation for anybody, ever. We could state that the person worked there from this date to that date, and we could state what their job was, but we could not describe the person's work ethic, skill level, personal habits, etc. That plant had lost a lawsuit when another company hired a person based on a recommendation given from them, and the person proved to be nothing like the recommendation stated.
Even eBay and Amazon reviews most often consist of "The item was shipped in a timely fashion, IMO, and it does the job I bought it to do."

The article says:

Quote:
“Very poor and crooked business practice,” Levine wrote in the review. “I suspect that this doctor gives unnecessary procedure [sic] to a lot of people and then charges the insurance sky high prices and no one knows the difference.

The word "suspect" is the equivalent of saying, "In my opinion". She did not state it as a fact.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:53 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
But, the woman did! What part of "no manual exam" don't you get?

I'm assuming by your name you've been to gyno before
I read what she claimed, but since I wasn't there during her exam, I have no idea what was done. I assume YOU were there, since you're so sure what happened. That or you take every Yelp comment as Immutable Truth....

Old 06-02-2018, 08:54 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The article says:

The word "suspect" is the equivalent of saying, "In my opinion". She did not state it as a fact.
That's what I would have thought too.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:26 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelassie View Post
i read what she claimed, but since i wasn't there during her exam, i have no idea what was done. I assume you were there, since you're so sure what happened. That or you take every yelp comment as immutable truth....
+1.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:31 AM

37,111 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Unless she has firsthand knowledge to support her suspicion she should not express it.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:55 AM

5,157 posts, read 3,083,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Once the complaint is filed it doesn't matter what anyone "thinks", it moves to the land of lawyers and our legal system where common notions of fairness and justice are quickly dispelled. She is going to get put in the wringer, and that is the whole purpose of the exercise. The lawyers involved will probably laugh about it at the country club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance