Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times

Advertisements

I try not to get too road ragey--it doesn't help anything. It's kind of funny that everyone thinks they're a great driver and everyone else on the road is an idiot. Do the math...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 AM

32 posts, read 74,103 times
I'm notorius for giving the golf clap to people who cut through traffic like Nascar only to end up beside me at the light.

Usually, they won't look at me...but sometimes they see me giving them a thumbs up and clapping and they lose their minds (i'm usually mouthing 'good job, way to go, you are a titan of the 5 o'clock 500).

I've also pulled up beside people and ask if they cut in line at the grocery store as well. Usually not well recieved either.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:08 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzjeepn View Post
I'm notorius for giving the golf clap to people who cut through traffic like Nascar only to end up beside me at the light.

Usually, they won't look at me...but sometimes they see me giving them a thumbs up and clapping and they lose their minds (i'm usually mouthing 'good job, way to go, you are a titan of the 5 o'clock 500).

I've also pulled up beside people and ask if they cut in line at the grocery store as well. Usually not well recieved either.
This one just reminded me of one that really goads me; people who speed up when they see your turn signal go on, often causing you to miss your turn. They've got one-more-car-in-front-of-me phobia or something.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Do you have road rage? I do. I have no idea why other drivers irrate me so much and why I take it so personally. If you do have road rage does it bother your SO? Also lets all list your driving pet peeves. I have so many:

1. tailgaters....mostly those tailgaters who are tailgating you when you are already going over the speed limit by 10km.

2. driverws who cut you off and then drive slow in front of you.

3. drivers who speed especially in a residential area where there are kids playing everywhere

4. drivers who don't know how to merge

5. drivers who are at a stoplight and the light has been red for 2 minutes and you are behind them and then for no reason they move their care up a few inches and the light is still red....psychos

People who road rage lack self-discipline - I'd work on that if I were you.

Patience is a virtue

Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 AM

236 posts, read 390,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
People who road rage lack self-discipline - I'd work on that if I were you.

Patience is a virtue
I have to disagree with you on this one, I think I excercise self discipline majority of the time, but when I get on that road something happens.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:21 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESSNOTICE View Post
I have to disagree with you on this one, I think I excercise self discipline majority of the time, but when I get on that road something happens.

Saying you are self-disciplined a "majority" of the time is like saying "I'm only a little bit pregnant" - Either you are pregnant or you're not. You're either self-disciplined or you're not.

The sense of entitlement to have for all conditions to be EXACTLY as YOU think they should be on the highway indicates a problem on your part, sorry.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Do you have road rage? I do. I have no idea why other drivers irrate me so much and why I take it so personally. If you do have road rage does it bother your SO? Also lets all list your driving pet peeves. I have so many:

1. tailgaters....mostly those tailgaters who are tailgating you when you are already going over the speed limit by 10km.

2. driverws who cut you off and then drive slow in front of you.

3. drivers who speed especially in a residential area where there are kids playing everywhere

4. drivers who don't know how to merge

5. drivers who are at a stoplight and the light has been red for 2 minutes and you are behind them and then for no reason they move their care up a few inches and the light is still red....psychos
I get pis*ed, too, so I can tolerate it to some extent - the key word being SOME, of course. Now, somebody DRIVING like that I can't tolerate.

Let me tell you why we "psychos" do #5. When I stop at an intersection I usually leave almost a car-lenght of space in front of me if nobody's behind me at this point. Why? So that no idiot yapping on the phone, texting, or doing God knows what and flying on my tail rearends me. If I see such a moron and I think he's flying I'd even honk to get his attention and wake him up. Of course, it can be a she-moron as well. I need the space to be able to roll up if the idiot can't stop. I know plenty of people who've been hit this way. Finally, when I'm convinced the person behind me is normal and is slowing down enough, I'd roll up in order to not take unnecessary space, particularly if I'm in a turning lane.

In the old days I hardly ever even used the rear-view mirror, but the more the technology advances the more my eyes are up there.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:30 AM

32 posts, read 74,103 times
I saw a guy eating a bowl of cereal on this morning's commute. Milk and everything, not sure how he was steering. Knee's maybe?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
I don't have road rage. My S.O. had it BADLY. I cringe thinking about the childish antics. I make great time by minding my own business and not tangling with other drivers. It just works out better that way. I also let people merge in front of me. Big deal. This caused numerous arguments also.

One peeve of mine is people who feel obligated to fart along in the carpool lane just because they have a car full of people, or carpool lane tags. In spite of having 5 other lanes of traffic to drive in, and often at the very same speed they are traveling in the carpool lane, these people are apparently obligated to **** up the carpool lane for 100 people behind them. I see this EVERY DAY. It's almost without exception, a Civic Hybrid or a Prius, "enforcing the speed limit" in the carpool lane, with 30 cars behind, and no traffic in front, for a mile. All this does is create a steady stream of pissed off people who are forced to change lanes just to go around. This isn't usually a problem during peak hours because everything moves slowly and there isn't much space. But on weekends or during the middle of the day, when the highways are wide open and the carpool lane is unrestricted (a normal traffic lane), there is always a HCH or Prius bumbling along at 2mph under the speed limit, in the diamond lane. Maybe the drivers don't know that they are permitted to use all other 10 lanes of the interstate.

Last edited by 43north87west; 06-09-2010 at 11:04 AM..

Old 06-09-2010, 10:34 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
I have a theory, if someone is driving 5 mph on a 40 mph street and the only thing you see in the driver's seat is their hat, they are either well along in years or I'm in Florida. In this case, getting angry will possibly scare them to death, literally.

Best to slowly pass them from the other lane or take the respite to call my mom or fix my makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness