Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times

Advertisements

I've been pretty good about my diet these days, but I still have that weighed down feeling. It feels like everything I eat just sits there in my tummy. I hate it.

What do you guys do about this? Is there anything you do regularly to keep yourself feeling good in that regard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:36 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I've been pretty good about my diet these days, but I still have that weighed down feeling. It feels like everything I eat just sits there in my tummy. I hate it.

What do you guys do about this? Is there anything you do regularly to keep yourself feeling good in that regard?
If you fill yourself with veggies , both raw & cooked, you will nourish your body the right way, loose weight, and feel like a million bucks all the time!

The problem with 99% of all "diets" is you eat only to loose weight not to get healthy. The foods that way,way to many "diets" want you to eat leave HUGE holes in the nutritional content which leaves you tired and punked out.

So eat mostly veggies with a very small amount of baked,broiled or roasted meat protein to keep the balance. Limit the booze to red wine and drink NO soda pop at all with lots of water with meals so that you continue to maintain that healthy balance that the human body needs.

if you continue to feel punked out after switching to veggies then a trip to the doctor is in order.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:42 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
If you fill yourself with veggies , both raw & cooked, you will nourish your body the right way, loose weight, and feel like a million bucks all the time!

The problem with 99% of all "diets" is you eat only to loose weight not to get healthy. The foods that way,way to many "diets" want you to eat leave HUGE holes in the nutritional content which leaves you tired and punked out.

So eat mostly veggies with a very small amount of baked,broiled or roasted meat protein to keep the balance. Limit the booze to red wine and drink NO soda pop at all with lots of water with meals so that you continue to maintain that healthy balance that the human body needs.

if you continue to feel punked out after switching to veggies then a trip to the doctor is in order.
I'm not on a "diet", per se, but I have changed my eating habits. So my diet consists of veggies and protein, whole wheat bread and brown rice (keeping the latter at a minimum). I may not be hydrating enough though.
Thanks for the info!

Old 06-28-2010, 02:59 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
I'm not on a "diet", per se, but I have changed my eating habits. So my diet consists of veggies and protein, whole wheat bread and brown rice (keeping the latter at a minimum). I may not be hydrating enough though.
Thanks for the info!
In case you don't know, watch that "whole wheat bread" since alot of whole wheat breads are nothing more than brown white bread (yuck!). If the first ingredient isn't "whole cracked wheat" it's brown white bread!

At to hydration.....
Drink water or tea at regular intervals all day long. Some folk's don't like to do this but it's critical to good overall health. The strange part about the human body is it will sometimes feel hungry when it's really thirsty! (a lot of a persons water intake comes from the foods they eat if they eat right)

Best of luck........

Old 06-28-2010, 04:56 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,046,783 times
Quote:

I don't overeat ~ and I don't eat any dairy That makes my tummy happy

Old 06-28-2010, 05:07 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:

It sounds like you are eating too much processed food and meat. When you eat food like this your body must use an extraordinary amount of energy to digest and process the junk. It literally wears you out instead of giving you the energy you need.

Try eating a lot of fresh, raw vegetables and fruit. You will be amazed and astounded at the difference in the way you feel.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness