Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:41 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

I'm not able to view them on my Mac. I just installed WinRAR on the windows PC; will see if I can open it.

WinRAR download
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 AM

33 posts, read 229,311 times
NOTICE: FIRST TIME READERS – all the past information more or less is summarized in this reply, so you can only read this part to get the idea OF MY STORY
Hello,
I have been gone for a while. Only recently saw your post. Thanks, for your reply. Sorry for not righting back quickly My situation didn't change a thing.
Due to that I started to get more sad, nervous, desperate and all the other negative feelings you can think off Have you succeeded opening the MRI?
So what did I do from my previous post? I went to a new doctor (sport and rehabilitation doctor). He is nice persona, taking care of me with concern. He examined me and showed me the exercises witch i am supposed to do at home. The exercises are performed with a rubber band (Thera-Band). Also I was prescribed with procedures (ultrasound with gel, laser, and electro-electro-stimulation). I had four procedures. They didn't help me at all, so i quitted them. The exercises with the rubber band also doesn't seem to help, but I will not stop doing them. The new doctor sad that there are sometimes situation that you just can't help with exercises. He sad that my situation is quite difficult, because if there was a situation were the pain goes away and comes back you can change something with exercises, but if you have constant 24h a day pain, most likely a neurosurgeon is needed. So he send me to a neurosurgeon for a consultation.
The neurosurgeon sad that there are two ways: rehab or surgery – procedure called “radiofrequency destruction of the disc” for C5-C6 disk. But I have doubts on this, because basically the intervertebral foreman is narrowed more on the left side, so the pain should be on the same side, or not? I don’t have pain on the left side, only now I have a numb hand on that side, when I am asleep. Every night I wake up from this, but it gets numb when I’m sleeping on my back. When I sleep on the side, I rarely get a numb hand. The permanent pain is on my right side (shoulder, shoulder blade). So I had doubts and asked the neurosurgeon about this situation. He sad that sometimes when the nerve is pressed on the left side, you feel the pain in your right side… Can it be so? Also I asked him if that particular disc can cause all these problems – right shoulder, shoulder blade pain, neck pain, occipital pain( tension headache), always left arm numbness when I am asleep and time to time right arm numbness, at daytime sometimes right arm two finger numbness, always feeling of tense muscles in neck, shoulder area. Will correction of this particular disk solve all these problems? Or do I have multiple problematic areas in my neck that should be corrected? My neurosurgeon says that “most likely” it will solve these problems. ..I would be the happiest person in the world if that would be true. He is the only one in my country (Lithuania) to do this kind of procedure. The procedure costs a lot of money by Lithuanian standards. If comparing with a cervical disc replacement surgery, it costs twice as much Is he talking sincerely, or he just wants the money? What is your opinion ? He is stated the best neurosurgeon in my country, but I have read some negative feedback from the web, that he is only doing everything for money and so on... Don't know what to think about his opinion.... He didn't even feel me by hand, he just looked at my MRI for a short time.
Recently i have spotted that for some price you can chat with real doctors in the web. Can you you recommend witch site would be the best ? I'm particularly looking for a neurosurgeon or neurologist opinion. Or I will just waist my money?
At the moment I am not using any medications only food supplements (fish fat vitamin B complex, magnesium). I don't want to use any medications and intoxicate my body, but have no other choice, I will have to use them. I have used anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants before, but I have used them 5 days max, since i didn't get any effect from them. Maybe I have used them too short? I will ask my neurologist for other anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants and will try to use them for a longer period. Also I think I will be forced to use anti-depressants, because I no longer can't handle the psychological situation. I constantly started to cry. I'm so ashamed of myself... I'm so tired from the pain and the zero results.

I know it is unrelated, but when it is very hard for me to deal with the pain, I just look to this picture. Simply it reminds me of good times, when I was living a happy life with no pain ….

I always get the feeling that I have to try 10 times harder then a normal person to achieve something and sometimes I just don’t have the strength to do anything, because the constant huge discomfort overcomes my body. My soul and my heart simply can’t accept this condition. I want to do and achieve so many things in my life….I’m sincerely asking for anybodies help and advise. Please, if you have any opportunity to show my information to any doctor and it's not a big deal for you, I would be very grateful for your endeavor. I hope you understood what i had in mind, especially the MRI part( It was very hard for me to write this text, because English is not my mother tongue language and also of my health condition at the moment, but I want to say only one thing- I have written this text from all of my heart!!!). I’m living a dream of a pain free day…
best wishes to you all,
Dalius

Link with my information (MRI, X-Rays, photos):

Megashares - Drag. Drop. Yup. The first site to provide FREE file hosting with drag n drop support.

Additional information (what other symptoms I have noticed over the years starting from my childhood, maybe this can have influence on my problems, I don’t know…)”
1) Sometimes when I’m in a sitting position for a while and then stand up, I get dizzy for approximately 10s;
2) Sometimes when I’m in a very nervous condition or when it is very cold, I get a feeling as if a “ electric wave” is ran through my body, starting from my feet and going upwards my head. Muscles start to contract by themselves; you can’t control your body at that moment. This condition lasts about 2-3s. Afterwards I get goose bumps all over my body;
3) I was in a car accident, when I was a kid. I was struck by a car in my right side. I didn’t feel any pain; only saw white light in my eyes. I just stood up and went my way;
4) When I was a baby I fell into a concrete pit and blood was running from my mouth. From this action I have injured my teeth. Later on as I turned into a teenager my one front tooth fell from my mouth. So I had to change it constantly;
5) Sometimes when I lie in my bed and it seems that you immediately will go to sleep, you get some kind of shocking, fear feeling and your legs go up in the air and you wake up, but I you aren’t completely asleep just close to this condition. When I’m asleep I don’t get this feeling.
6) As I was a child I used to grind my teeth when sleeping, not sure if I’m doing that nowadays.
7) I have an allergy from some kind of grass in the spring. I get a rash on my elbows, and on my fingers (white pimples)

Old 08-13-2010, 08:41 AM

Old 08-15-2010, 06:43 AM

749 posts, read 2,438,961 times
I didn't read every word of your posts , but your symptoms are very similiar to what I have. I've had a spine MRI (bad back)and also at times it feels as if someone has stuck an ice pick in my right shoulder blade and broke it off in there......very painful.

It seems your against taking meds but for me right now that is the only option. I'm on Vicodin for the back, pectoral, and shoulder pain and Valium for the spasms. Maybe take it up with your doctor about stronger meds, at least they can keep you somewhat comfortable until you get surgery.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:39 PM

Hi,
Nice of you to right me back Though i have written in my previuos post that i am against medications, I started to take them besides the food suplements and vitamins I'm taking. I started to use anti-deprasants (Cymbalta) witch is also from neurophatic pain. It doesn't help relieving the pain, but it helps not falling into sadness so "deeply", you feel more calm. Also taking Mydocalm (muscle relaxant) doesn't help. Doing physical exercises with a rubber band and procedures (laser, electro-stimulation, ultrasound). When I'm doing physical exersices with a rubber band I start to feel more pain, the pain in my shoulder blade gets more sharp. After the exersices my neck gets more tighter and stiffer. Am I going the right way? The thing is that I want to buld strong neck muscles, but I don't want to do more harm to that area.
To 1coolcustomer.Do you feel a contant pain in your shoulder blaid or it goes away and comes back? In my case I feel constant pain in my shoulder blaid, but the power of the pain varies, sometimes times it is less and sometimes it is more painfull. Do you feel pain in your neck? Did you have MRI of your neck? Do you do any physical exersises for your pain? Did medications help you?
I'm repeating the question for all of you forum guys. Can somebody recomend a good online doctor(neurologist or neurosurgeon witch could look through my MRI and my story? Now i have doubts on cervical DDD (degenarative disc desease), maybe someone can tell if i have it?
Thanks for everybody who reads my story

Old 09-12-2018, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 879 times
hi, I've had terrible tightness in my neck and shoulders for two years now, due to chronic stress and anxiety. I can't afford to get massages regularly, nor do I have the time. So I purchased a massager on amazon this as a desperate attempt to relieve some of the soreness specifically in my neck/shoulder. I used this twice yesterday and already I have more range of motion in my neck, the tightness has noticeably lessened, and the massager itself feels amazing. I'm so thankful I purchased this. I have so many knots in my muscles and could feel the massager going over them with the perfect amount of pressure. I highly recommend this to anyone who carries their stress in their shoulders and neck.
here the link :
[url]https://amzn.to/2xaYbXs[/url]

Old 09-12-2018, 10:42 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaadBOUYA View Post
hi, I've had terrible tightness in my neck and shoulders for two years now, due to chronic stress and anxiety. I can't afford to get massages regularly, nor do I have the time. So I purchased a massager on amazon this as a desperate attempt to relieve some of the soreness specifically in my neck/shoulder. I used this twice yesterday and already I have more range of motion in my neck, the tightness has noticeably lessened, and the massager itself feels amazing. I'm so thankful I purchased this. I have so many knots in my muscles and could feel the massager going over them with the perfect amount of pressure. I highly recommend this to anyone who carries their stress in their shoulders and neck.
here the link :
https://amzn.to/2xaYbXs
I attempted to bring this up and doesn't work. Do you have a better link?

Old 09-12-2018, 11:30 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I attempted to bring this up and doesn't work. Do you have a better link?
This thread is from 2010, a spammer just recently posted on it and brought it up to the top of the H&W forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness