Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 10:37 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,754,452 times

Advertisements

I have been dealing with headaches ever since I was younger.

For a few years I hadn't been having them very often but for the past 2 years, I have a headache about twice a week. For some months I have had headaches every single day.

In the past month, I have had two headaches which have lasted over 12 hours. They were so bad they woke me up out of my sleep.

I used to pop a pill anytime I had a headache and now I only take pills when the pain is unbearable.

Should I be concerned about a headache that lasts over 12 hours and is painful enough to wake me up out of my sleep?

I am fine with seeing a doctor but I feel like all they will want to do is write a prescription and send me on my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 12:10 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,081,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I have been dealing with headaches ever since I was younger.

For a few years I hadn't been having them very often but for the past 2 years, I have a headache about twice a week. For some months I have had headaches every single day.

In the past month, I have had two headaches which have lasted over 12 hours. They were so bad they woke me up out of my sleep.

I used to pop a pill anytime I had a headache and now I only take pills when the pain is unbearable.

Should I be concerned about a headache that lasts over 12 hours and is painful enough to wake me up out of my sleep?

I am fine with seeing a doctor but I feel like all they will want to do is write a prescription and send me on my way.

I few years ago I started having headaches that were so painful it felt like someone was hammering a nail into my skull
I would have to go to the doctor and they would administer medicine on me thru an IV. I remember the doc giving me some medicine that was for stomache pain and told me for some reason it helps with severe migraines and he was right.
I have kids and let me tell you those headaches were more painful than giving birth.
Yes you should be concerned with the headaches you are having
it may be a serious problem

Old 06-29-2010, 03:37 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,014,547 times
Sounds likes migraines. See a neurologist soon!

Good luck. They can be controlled.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,730 times
The common causes of headaches, especially tension headaches, many of
which may surprise you!
How to address migraine headaches and reduce their occurrence.
The medical treatment options available, including over the counter medicines,
and how your doctor can help.
and other alternate treatment is available you can check on google You might come up with some kind of natural treatment

Old 06-30-2010, 08:05 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,404,410 times
Has a Dr. ruled out a tumor?

Old 06-30-2010, 08:19 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,962,349 times
This is one of the most common signs of high blood pressure - frequent headaches. Blood pressure headaches can often be terribly unbearable. Get it checked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness