Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times

Advertisements

I was having bad problems with that after the holidays and stopped eating sugar--completely. And it's slowly going down. But yes, the shot adrenals are probably the problem b/c I'm sure mine was due to stress and sugar contributes to stress and is hard on the adrenals. GABA might help fix that--it seems like it's better when I take and it's natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 06:29 PM

7,126 posts, read 12,665,237 times
One other interesting piece of medical info re causes of rapid heartbeats are rom two different food additives. One is aspartame, used in many sugar substitutes and diet products..and the other is MSG, used in many foods as a flavor enchancer.

For those who are sensitive to these two items, eating foods made with these ingredients (also known as "excitotoxins") can cause a sudden spike in heat rate, a feeling of panic, sweating and a rise n blood pressure.

It's MSG that causes what's called Chinese food syndrome where some people get a headache after eating Chinese foods that often contain high amounts of MSG.

Here's a link to more info, but if you Google "excitiotoxins" or MSG or aspartame, you'll find lots more info. Several books have been written on the topic by Dr. Blaylock.

Life Time Fitness - The Healthy Way of Life Company

If you keep a food diary or trace back what you ate prior to a rapid heartbeat episode you might find it's a food additive to which you're sensitive.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,421 times
my heart was pounding for a month, got diagnosed with sinus arrythmia.. the pounding heart beat went away for about a month and half, then came back! seems to always be around stressful times in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness