U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 11:11 AM

4,166 posts, read 5,309,599 times

Advertisements

I've come to the conclusion that some people need to have a "problem" of one kind or another so they will have something to "complain about."....Sometimes they complain about their aches and pains...and sometimes they complain about other things in their life....Their chronic complaining and negativity affects the people around them....It's hard to "feel ok" when the person next to you has a need to "feel bad" and wallow in self pity....Any comments about this? Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 12:40 PM

6,266 posts, read 18,642,001 times
and how! I live with one. Unfortunately I believe that a negative attitude begets a negative outcome in everything you do. I see it firsthand.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:17 PM

4,166 posts, read 5,309,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
and how! I live with one. Unfortunately I believe that a negative attitude begets a negative outcome in everything you do. I see it firsthand.
Thanks for posting. I agree with you. Boy I have sure been through some "rough seas" during my life and still have to forge through "rough seas" at times today....But I don't want to "drown" in all of it or wallow around in self pity...I may not have the power to make the problems go away....but I do have the power to decide to be happy and find joy in life anyway....despite the problems....Why do some people want to "suffer" and complain all the time? Why don't they want to feel "good" or better?" This still puzzles me....I guess they just don't feel that they deserve to be happy and they don't want anyone else to be happy either. Really sad.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:24 PM

1,671 posts, read 1,649,715 times
Some of the staff at my office always has something wrong with them. Always complaining about how bad they feel and they need to go to the doctor and get an antibiotic. I wonder, are they on antibiotics all they time because they are sick or are they sick all the time because they are on antibiotics?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:20 PM

15,844 posts, read 30,014,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I've come to the conclusion that some people need to have a "problem" of one kind or another so they will have something to "complain about."....Sometimes they complain about their aches and pains...and sometimes they complain about other things in their life....Their chronic complaining and negativity affects the people around them....It's hard to "feel ok" when the person next to you has a need to "feel bad" and wallow in self pity....Any comments about this? Thanks....
I believe it is a way for these people to attract attention. They need to be treated "special" or have people feel sorry for them in some way. They like to be the center of attention. I have a cousin like this. As a child she was totally ignored by her alcoholic parents. Now, as an adult she has one medical problem after another so that she can go to the doctors office and be treated special by both the doctor and support staff. She has endured I don't know how may operations because of this sick need to be treated as though she was special.

It's awful what some parents do to their children.

20yrsinBranson
childfree for a reason

Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 100 times
so be careful. its quit possible that its a front for not wanting to take their share of "chores". Maybe its a work chores, maybe its domestic chores... whatever it may be..its their way out. So when confronted as to how come you did not get around to this, they simply will say " i told you i was not feeling well".

Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

22,280 posts, read 7,550,595 times
I see this is an older thread but still is true today. Many just run to doctors for every little ache and pain. I live with a lot of damage from the hands of doctors and they are about the last place I want to go. Dr. Google yes and hearing other's experiences. I know some people who don't have complete weeks/months if they don't have this and that MD appt. Then here I read comments from members "go to the doctor"... this can be for the most minor sounding issue.

Last edited by jaminhealth; Yesterday at 11:39 AM..

Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM

1,563 posts, read 1,229,696 times
Ha you should probably visit my GP.

Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM

22,280 posts, read 7,550,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
Ha you should probably visit my GP.
I'm curious why is that?

Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM

1,883 posts, read 925,089 times
I know someone like that. She complains about her health, and she began moaning and groaning about being "old" in her 30s. She has been whining about everything all her life, if not about her health, then the weather, various people, politics, nature, air quality, direction of the wind, shape of the clouds, the condition of her sidewalks, her neighbors, cat fur, dog fur, smells, noises, her furniture, the cost of everything, her waitress at dinner last night, the layout of the local mall. You name it, she complains about it.

She cannot be happy under any circumstances. Her health is fine, and she has lived to be quite old now, but that's not good enough for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness