Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:51 PM

72,411 posts, read 18,198,148 times

Advertisements

This is how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer. She was on the Ellen show
....a friend whose mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

"The doctor told her: women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car, and pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we need to know and be aware and just might save us!!!! The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have found these toxins in breast tissue. Use a stainless steel Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!!!"

My friend wonders where the bottlles were packed from the beginning.

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-21-2007 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: edited out html tags
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 12:17 AM

Thanks scirocco22 I didn't know how to reply with the private message, I tried. I think I am going to sleep
Oh! it looks great I am still learning how to navigate this things

Old 06-21-2007, 03:32 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
This is how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer. She was on the Ellen show
....a friend whose mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

"The doctor told her: women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car, and pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we need to know and be aware and just might save us!!!! The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have found these toxins in breast tissue. Use a stainless steel Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!!!"

My friend wonders where the bottlles were packed from the beginning.
Are you sure this isn't just another made up forward making the rounds? The usual way to get breast cancer and most other cancers is ingesting meat and dairy products. Especially chicken and eggs. That info came to me from a doctor.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:46 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,488,479 times
This is not true:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Reuse of Plastic Bottles

Old 06-21-2007, 04:48 AM

Really? I have never heard that. I know that breast cancer is linked to birth control pills.

Is it the chemicals in those products (vs. organic)?

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Are you sure this isn't just another made up forward making the rounds? The usual way to get breast cancer and most other cancers is ingesting meat and dairy products. Especially chicken and eggs. That info came to me from a doctor.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:42 AM

I saved this article from the past:
John Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters,This informations is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
1. No plastic containers in microwave
2. No water bottles in freezer
3. No plastic wrap in microwave
4. Dioxin chemicals causes cancer,especially breast cancer
5. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cell of our bodies.Don't freeze your
bottle water with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic
6. Recently Dr.Edward Fujimoto wellness program management at Castle
Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard.
He talked about dioxin and how bad they are for us
7. He said we should not be heating our food in microwave using plastic
containers.This applies food that contain fat.He said that combination of high heat and plastic releases dioxin into the food and into the cells of the body.Instea he said to use glass,corning ware or ceramic containers for heating food.

I hope this will help.There is a lot more like not to use seran wrap to heat food

Last edited by VillageLife; 06-21-2007 at 08:04 AM..

Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Read it.If you scroll down.The same story is there. Scroll down to another story. A friend of mine emailed the story about plastic & breast cancer,thanks for getting this info.I was wondering where it came from.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 AM

Be very careful what you read.

Researcher dispels Myth of Dioxins and Plastic Water Bottles

Quote:
I saved this article from the past:
John Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters,This informations is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
1. No plastic containers in microwave
2. No water bottles in freezer
3. No plastic wrap in microwave
4. Dioxin chemicals causes cancer,especially breast cancer
5. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cell of our bodies.Don't freeze your
bottle water with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic
6. Recently Dr.Edward Fujimoto wellness program management at Castle
Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard.
He talked about dioxin and how bad they are for us
7. He said we should not be heating our food in microwave using plastic
containers.This applies food that contain fat.He said that combination of high heat and plastic releases dioxin into the food and into the cells of the body.Instea he said to use glass,corning ware or ceramic containers for heating food.

I hope this will help.There is a lot more like not to use seran wrap to heat food

Old 06-21-2007, 09:32 AM

Very interesting! Anyone who will find more info?

Old 06-21-2007, 09:33 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,045,111 times
Quote:
Read it.If you scroll down.The same story is there. Scroll down to another story. A friend of mine emailed the story about plastic & breast cancer,thanks for getting this info.I was wondering where it came from.

I think you're misinterpreting that, dragonten. Isn't that article is saying it's an "urban legend" and the purported stories are "false?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness