U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:06 AM

157 posts, read 359,456 times

Advertisements

A few days ago I cleaned with Kaboom and it got in my lungs. Have shortness of breath and weak. Went to the Dr. and now on inhalers.
Can anyone give me any info on this. How long will it take for me to get better?
Thanks, JoJo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 12:45 PM

345 posts, read 1,365,656 times
You may be allergic to sulfates which are one of the ingredients in this product. Is your inhaler Albuterol (steroids)? If so it may stop the allergic reaction. Vitamin B6 supplements may help with sulfate allergies.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:04 PM

157 posts, read 359,456 times
the inhaler is Ventolin. Thanks for reply.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:59 PM

509 posts, read 1,313,328 times
I just happened to see your post and was intrigued because I have a lifelong history of pneumonia, but recently became sensitive to chemicals - cleaning products in particular. I started getting sick every time I used certain cleaning products. I now wear one of those painting masks with the rubber bands that go around your head. (I have to wear one while gardening, too.) Hope you feel better soon, drink lots of filtered water too, it keeps your lungs flushed.

As for cleaning products, I now use vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. I put the vinegar and the hydrogen peroxide in spray bottles full strength. I am also thinking of trying cheap vodka since seeing Kirstie Alley on Oprah talking about her first job ever which was cleaning house for a girlfriend's mother. Vodka is apparently an antiseptic. I don't use anything chemical now. I also use a natural spray cleaner from Trader Joe's... forget what the name is... it's a green liquid in a clear plastic bottle and I think it has cedar oil as one of the ingredients.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 12,928 times
I used Kaboom spray cleaner for the first time yesterday. My skin tingled and my lips felt slightly numb later in the day. Then this morning, thinking it was a fluke, I used the product again, more aggressively in a bathroom. Within minutes, my tongue felt like it was swelling, lips feel slightly swollen, and my skin tingles and burns. What in the world? I usually don't react to anything.

Adding: I just re-read the posts above and see that sulfates are one of the ingredients in this product. I am highly allergic to erythromycin (a sulfate drug). I am very glad I happened on this posting. Looks like KABOOM is headed to the trash in my household.

Last edited by dakotaevergreen; 01-10-2012 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: wanted to add more.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:19 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,568,764 times
a very informative thread indeed.
Products can so cause illnesses and people often times don't make the connection. I learned from an early age to be cautious with such.
Have never and will now NEVER use Kaboom or any product that company sells.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 12,258 times
I cleaned aggressively with kaboom yesterday and woke up with a fever and vomiting. I also noticed yesterday that it made my nose and throat burn. Wonder if it could be connected?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:59 PM

13,258 posts, read 35,163,119 times
I only checked the shower/tub/tile cleaner variety - and on the label it says very clearly that inhaled exposure to it can cause nausea and vomiting and stress in the upper respiratory system.

I don't know why people would be surprised then, if they discovered that this caused them to vomit, feel nauseated, and have upper respiratory distress. They were warned that this might happen.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:21 AM

1 posts, read 10,331 times
I'm not sure which kaboom cleaner is the one on topic but i have used the foaming bubbles one which i did with the window open and i had my shirt over my mouth and knose as this has a powerfull bleach smell. i had no side affects with this. however i believe after one of my roommates used the kaboom daily cleaner (the one with the cherry smell) i noticed my neck, face, stomach, back and thighs were starting to rash. at first i thought it was cause do to shaving since it was only my kneck and i had just shaved this morning. but after the rest of the rash i thought about it and put 2 and 2 together and it had to be the kaboom since i have only one allergy and that is to amoxicillin the kaboom had to be the culprit. i have to say this product does what it says it really makes the bathroom shine. i strongly suggest removing everything from the shower and put it somewhere (cabinet or closet) before using this product. i believe my lazy roomate did not do this and cause me this rash... atleast its not life threatening just an annoyense...... people these are chemicals and no matter how good one may smell always use precautions when handeling especially bathroom suppplies....

Old 12-18-2014, 04:21 AM

14,629 posts, read 11,827,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleanNJ View Post
I'm not sure which kaboom cleaner is the one on topic but i have used the foaming bubbles one which i did with the window open and i had my shirt over my mouth and knose as this has a powerfull bleach smell. i had no side affects with this. however i believe after one of my roommates used the kaboom daily cleaner (the one with the cherry smell) i noticed my neck, face, stomach, back and thighs were starting to rash. at first i thought it was cause do to shaving since it was only my kneck and i had just shaved this morning. but after the rest of the rash i thought about it and put 2 and 2 together and it had to be the kaboom since i have only one allergy and that is to amoxicillin the kaboom had to be the culprit. i have to say this product does what it says it really makes the bathroom shine. i strongly suggest removing everything from the shower and put it somewhere (cabinet or closet) before using this product. i believe my lazy roomate did not do this and cause me this rash... atleast its not life threatening just an annoyense...... people these are chemicals and no matter how good one may smell always use precautions when handeling especially bathroom suppplies....
all chemical products are bad for our health.. if only our governments would own up to all this and ban these cleaning products from the shops. some people think if something is on a shelf in a shop then its regulated and safe....NOT . believe me... air fresheners, household bleaches, toilet cleaners, oven cleaners, polishes for furniture are all hazardous.. but dont forget other things like toiletries, perfumes.. all full of petro chemical rubbish.........Ive noticed that formaldehyde isnt mentioned much now on packaging for some products, but I can put bets on its still in some cleaning products............. also dry cleaning causes many illnesses, with no warnings so be careful... many serious illnesses are caused with all these chemicals..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness