Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 02:08 AM

6 posts, read 23,225 times

Advertisements

I have a painful fairly medium size lump on the the big toe joint of my right foot and since x-rays showed no abnormalities with the bone anatomy of my foot, I am due for an MRI to get a clear picture of the tissue surrounding the area where the pain seems to stem from. My podiatrist surgeon suspects a ganglion cyst and one of the common treatments is aspiration aside from surgery and careful monitoring. I want to know from people who have gotten a ganglion cyst aspired /drained to please tell me how painful is it? And perhaps what to expect from having my cyst drained please. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 04:07 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
My mom had a ganglion cyst on her wrist and the doctors kept telling her it would go away and it never did. Finally years later it began getting red and hurting more and she had it aspirated. I would just go into the doctor and tell him you want it aspirated. Seems like they have sent you to far too many doctors for a ganglion cyst, drain it and get on with your life, it isn't a big deal. I don't recommend this but I have seen people online getting rid of them by aspirating them themselves with a syring or someon hitting their wrist with a book, so it isn't rocket science to get rid of one.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:05 AM

6 posts, read 23,225 times
The pain I'm experiencing and the symptoms I have with this lump are what concern doctors have & drives them to make sure if there is an under cause that it shall be treated. I'm only apprehensive about aspiring the cyst because last time i had a ganglion cyst on my wrist it was extremely painful to drain and gel in it was way to thick plus it was pressing on a nerve for the majority of the time. The pain was unbarebale & I eventually got it surgically removed because it made my dominant hand quite weak & useless. Does draining always hurt even after numbing or does really depend on location per say? That is what I really want to know.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 533 times
Hi hear you looking into people with the same affliction from a fall. Well here I'm the slip and fall job injury that has been downsized to your pain is caused by the cyst putting pressure on the joints in your hand (medical reasons for formations of ganglion cyst unknown) not our fault ...huh huh...lol. Good luck with that...by the way we cancelled your health insurance while you were away. So if you can get help....GET IT FAST

Old 06-01-2017, 10:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcuff View Post
Hi hear you looking into people with the same affliction from a fall. Well here I'm the slip and fall job injury that has been downsized to your pain is caused by the cyst putting pressure on the joints in your hand (medical reasons for formations of ganglion cyst unknown) not our fault ...huh huh...lol. Good luck with that...by the way we cancelled your health insurance while you were away. So if you can get help....GET IT FAST
do you realize how old this thread is? I am sure the OP has decided what they will or did do.

the number 2 post explains exactly how I handle mine. Yes, the old Bible trick and yes, some people get these cysts frequently. I think each case has to be looked it separately but many of us, just live with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness