Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,469 times

Advertisements

kinda woozy at times had catarck surgery both eyes colon scope within month and a half
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 01:57 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Wow, good thing you are finally recovering.

Dr. Atkins, of Atkins-Diet fame, died in the hospital after falling on ice and hitting his head. I think he gained about 40 - 50 pounds of water-weight while in the hospital......wonder if that contributed to his demise???
It wouldn't surprise me. I was being checked hourly by nurses and techs and not one noticed I was blowing up like the goodyear blimp. No one questioned the initial .5 liters per hour of iv fluids, was unchanged for 4 days. It was only after my urologists visited and I told hm about the iv fluids and he could see how swollen I was, that he told the nurse to stop the iv altogether. Those nurses and techs were robots on auto. Everything was by rote, not one used their eyes or brains. They could have easily have questioned that extra 10 lbs of water per day I was gaining, or the .5 liters/hour drip rate when they changed the iv bags. At some point it very likely would have killed me.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:43 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
Well, after 4 months I'm back to normal. Don't know if it was the 2 surgeries, the blood loss and transfusions, or the anesthesia that contributed, or the 40 lb water weight gain in 4 days from too much iv solution (1/2 liter per hour) but I'm glad to be feeling like myself again. I had read it could take up to 4 monts to fully recuperate and it did take just about 4 months. It's really good to feel "normal" again.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:10 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
With all of the IV fluids they should have checked your urine if you were in bed or in my case at the VA hospital I had the catheter and she wrote down how much was in the bag before emptying.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,232 times
It's been 15days since I had SI fusion done & I too have been feeling dizzy & faint..I'm not running fever I'm not nauseous either..but I've been at the verge of fainting..I told my doctor during my surgery follow up..I was told to take it easy & drink more water & take daily vitamins..I am going to do as told & update you on what happens

Old 01-01-2020, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,127 times
I wanted to follow up on this thread. It was very helpful for me and would like to "pay forward" from the goodness of others posting to thi.

12 days after (yesterday) having my right groin hernia operation, I woke up with serious vertigo. I was largely non-functional for most the day. Very uncomfortable and disconcerting, as you don't know and may never know why you get serious vertigo and nausea. I read this thread and my wife suggested an additional thing. Here's what I did to solve it by nighttime:

1) She suggested something she has done for this in the past: A procedure you do at hoime called epley. Here's a link. [url]https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319171.php[/url]
It was not fun and I felt worse after doing it.
2) Downed 2 bottles of Life Wtr a lightly electrolyte infused water, based on this post.
3) Yep, got some vitamins.
4) Stayed upright and still in a chair, and napped in the afternoon.
5) Because it felt much worse laying down, I slept that night on the couch with my back propped up.

By morning I was 99% recovered. I could tell it was "still out there" as a light feeling, but by next afternoon I recovered. As with these things one never knows why it comes on or what can cure it. Antibiotics for the inner ear is also used for some infection led vertigo, which my wife had on another occasion. Hope this helps others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness