U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2007, 08:05 AM

4,610 posts, read 10,034,727 times

Advertisements

Good Morning!

It's pouring out here so no walking Chloe this morning. But I did do floor exercises. Stretches, crunches and a little yoga.

Have a great day everyone!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 11:39 AM

179 posts, read 708,459 times
Back again and this time to report I did 30 minutes (1.60) miles on the treadmill (I've been up since about 3:00AM and I think I took a power nap while walking - is that possible?). In any event, I feel a little more awake and will probably do another 15 minutes if I have the time. And again, why is it we don't have this time? It's not like I waste a lot of time but I feel as though I live the day with a stop watch in my hand. I can see I'm not alone either. And we seem to have problems sleeping too. Maybe we can come up with a catchy syndrome? Any ideas? Well, have a good one and if I can, I will do some more walking...sleep walking that is.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:39 AM

12,983 posts, read 12,575,453 times
Ok, did mine, now I'm doing some crunches on some Frosted Flakes-and they're...................... !!!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM

942 posts, read 2,329,273 times
Sorry guys, not excercising today. I am not feeling well.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:02 PM

788 posts, read 3,714,439 times
I almost totally freaked out when I did see a "tuesday" exercise thread--is that sad, or good? It's funny how attached one can get to certain people and threads on here.

Anyway...I did an upper body weight workout. Sometimes I feel like I am working hard at the gym, but then I am not always sore the next day. Does that mean I am not working hard enough?

Pixie dust--sorry you don't feel well. Hope you're up and about again soon.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,770,222 times
Yeh, Pixie, feel better, ok?

leavingcali, it doesn't have to hurt to be working. I'm rarely sore, and I'm an old lady!! But it sure shows that I've been working out. I don't have that "granny wave" where your upper arm waves for 10 minutes after your hand stops. My butt is a bit rounder than it used to be, and I've lost 2 inches off my waist since the first of the year. Not bad for an old fart. So keep on keepin' on, as they used to say!

Old 06-26-2007, 02:16 PM

4,268 posts, read 13,715,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
OK, that run felt so good.... omg did I just say that? I am going back for more! Then shower and off to work!!! woohoo!
LOL, I had a great run today, too, and thought/did the same thing!! 40MIN treadmill and I kept a steady/increasing pace the entire time. Two days ago I barely got through 35MIN huffing and puffing but I was determined to jog the entire time. No pain no gain! I felt so good that after doing 1HR weights, I jogged another mile and beat my old record. It's awesome b'c my Nike+iPod tracks my time and when you beat your record, Lance Armstrong's voice comes on to congratulate you. It's so corny but I love it! Granted it took me 13MIN 50SECS to run that mile and yes that is my "record" but dang it, I own it and I'm proud!

Old 06-26-2007, 05:16 PM

4,281 posts, read 9,280,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
LOL, I had a great run today, too, and thought/did the same thing!! 40MIN treadmill and I kept a steady/increasing pace the entire time. Two days ago I barely got through 35MIN huffing and puffing but I was determined to jog the entire time. No pain no gain! I felt so good that after doing 1HR weights, I jogged another mile and beat my old record. It's awesome b'c my Nike+iPod tracks my time and when you beat your record, Lance Armstrong's voice comes on to congratulate you. It's so corny but I love it! Granted it took me 13MIN 50SECS to run that mile and yes that is my "record" but dang it, I own it and I'm proud!
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! FEEL PROUD!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2007, 05:25 PM

788 posts, read 3,714,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post

leavingcali, it doesn't have to hurt to be working. I'm rarely sore, and I'm an old lady!! But it sure shows that I've been working out. I don't have that "granny wave" where your upper arm waves for 10 minutes after your hand stops. My butt is a bit rounder than it used to be, and I've lost 2 inches off my waist since the first of the year. Not bad for an old fart. So keep on keepin' on, as they used to say!
You made me laugh out loud! Considering I just took a big fall in front of a whole bunch of people, and I can hardly walk and am all bloody (just scratches--I am okay), that's saying a lot! Thank you.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:41 PM

4,268 posts, read 13,715,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! FEEL PROUD!!!!!!!
thanks teatea ... I've never been a fast runner. In high school, my fastest mile was 12 minutes or just under. If I can get to that, I will be a happy camper. I would LOVE to run a mile in under 10 and if I could, I would definitely consider a half marathon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness