Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,065,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
I have a question - how do you then stop the e-cigs? Don't you get addicted to that as well? Also the lozenges too. My husband and I want to quit and both of these are contenders.
Worry about quitting whatever Nicotine replacement therapy you choose about 6 months down the road, in the mean time you arent inhaling the assorted chemicals in the burning of tobacco,
The Nicotine isnt the most dangerous product you are consuming when you are puffing away on that cigarette its all the carcinogens generated by the burning process.
You could also use the cold turkey method where you just chose never smoke again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 09:03 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,954,527 times
Quote:
I have a question - how do you then stop the e-cigs? Don't you get addicted to that as well? Also the lozenges too. My husband and I want to quit and both of these are contenders.

First, using e-cigarettes I stopped smoking in April 2009, and not a cigarette since. I still do use the e-cigarettes.

As for your specific question: my brother-in-law (like me a decades long smoker) used 'full strength' nicotine juice in his e-cigarettes for a month or two to get away from real cigarettes; he then tapered down on the nicotine levels and now uses 'zero' nicotine liquid. He could, I suppose, toss the e-cigarettes away, but he sits at home all day watching television and says that he enjoys the 'act' of smoking, hence he continues.

Most places online that sell the e-juice have different strengths of nicotine. I usually use the 18 juice (I believe the highest of the high is 36, then 24, then 18, then 12, then 6, then zero nicotine).

Like all smokers, I had, on several occasions, quit 'cold turkey', but usually started back up (once after nine months) due to some stressful situation (or even drinking a bit too much, to my chagrin). Hence, if nothing else, I will keep my e-cigarettes stored in a drawer after I finally quit them, just to have something to fall back on.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:59 PM

769 posts, read 1,926,774 times
I have quit seveal time, the longest for 4 years. Went all last year with out cigs, but started up Jan 1st, due to gaining over 30 lbs.....not smoke and start shooting my self up with insulin (like my two brothers)......I'd rather smoke.
The one thing I like about the site I posted is, I know someone who uses it (it works) and second it has a battery that last 8 or more hrs.
If someone knows of a place around Everett, WA or on the web, where you can puchase a similar kit for less, how about posting it. Local would be great so I could just buy it and use it, but also out of state would be another good option, so I wouldn't have to pay the tax, which seems to be pretty high on a 170.00 package.

Last edited by msta999; 08-27-2010 at 05:07 PM..

Old 08-27-2010, 05:11 PM

13,673 posts, read 8,954,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
I have quit seveal time, the longest for 4 years. Went all last year with out cigs, but started up Jan 1st, due to gaining over 30 lbs.....smoke or start shooting my self up with insulin......I'd rather smoke.
The one thing I like about the site I posted is, I know someone who uses it (it works) and second it has a battery that last 8 or more hrs.
If someone knows of a place around Everett, WA or on the web, where you can puchase a similar kit for less, how about posting it. Local would be great so I could just buy it and use it, but also out of state would be another good option, so I wouldn't have to pay the tax, which seems to be pretty high on a 170.00 package.
Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier

Order from the Chinese manufacturers themselves. I have done so for the past year with great results.

For instance, I recently ordered some supplies on Sunday, August 22nd; I received today, August 27th (warning! results may vary!).

The big question in ordering from Heaven's Gifts is Customs. They can hold up the order for days or, like this last order, receive and release the same day (hence the very quick shipping to Texas).

When you order, use the EMS option. Very fast (usually $14.00 for the usual order; I think they have a special going on now due to some Chinese holiday).

I only use Heaven's Gift for the atomizers and other 'hard' items. I choose to order the 'juice' from USA manufacturers (Alien Vision, Johnsons Creek).

Old 08-27-2010, 08:41 PM

6,891 posts, read 22,450,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
I have quit seveal time, the longest for 4 years. Went all last year with out cigs, but started up Jan 1st, due to gaining over 30 lbs.....not smoke and start shooting my self up with insulin (like my two brothers)......I'd rather smoke.
The supplier I use drops packages at Santa Clarita, CA and I've had good experience with them. Another is in Nevada. There is a list of suppliers in the ECF forum that lists the general area they are from. Try this link Forum Suppliers - E-Cigarette Forum

I am still getting familiar with ECF, if someone has a better link feel free to correct me.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I suppose you could very well end up addicted to vaping but since I'm not getting the chemicals that manufactured cigarettes contain I'll feel better and won't worry about it so much.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:19 PM

769 posts, read 1,926,774 times
I found one locally, it is called IE-Cigarette. It was 80.00 and comes with six atomizers already full of Menthol flavor. Doesn't show as much smoke as some on youtube, but I can taste it and it is only 16mg. when these run out, I will try the stronger.....20-30mg and see how that it is.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:34 PM

If 16mg is controlling your craving for nicotine I'd stick with it. When I tried the 24mg the first day it made me dizzy but after a few days it doesn't do that anymore. I ordered more juice Thursday and got 24mg. I am still smoking at least 1 cigarette/day so maybe the 24mg will help me stop that. Good luck msta999.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,665,667 times
Good luck msta999 and happy vaping.

I was a PAD smoker and found that the 18mg did just fine for me.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:22 PM

287 posts, read 1,008,118 times
A friend gave me the "Smart Smoke" as an Xmas gift a while ago and I wasn't liking it very much at all. Thanks to this thread I found the e-cigarette forum and went to a "Vaper's get-together" here in Toronto and got to sample some different flavours with nicotine which certainly improved it, and learned about some better models. I just ordered the Joye eGo, which appears to be the best e-cig on the market right now, and at a serious New Year's discount. Looking forward to making a complete switch to vaping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness