Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:12 PM

894 posts, read 1,125,029 times

Advertisements

Yeah, my Mom's trying to talk me into going up to the hospital. If it doesn't improve by tomorrow, I will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 06:59 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,622,826 times
Are you a caffeine drinker? Had you been drinking caffeine daily and then stopped? If so, you may be having a caffeine withdrawal headache. If not, you can try a good strong caffeinated beverage which sometimes will alleviate headaches and migraines. Chocolate or caffeine will usually take care of mine.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:03 AM

Nope. Don't take caffeine at all. I drink only decaffeinated beverages, when I do drink them (which is rarely). I don't smoke or drink either.

I think it's probably sinus related because I took 2 sinus tabs last night and it seems to have helped a little. I tried to sleep, but couldn't. I ended up going to bed for about 3 hrs and was right back up again because of the headache. Now, I feel so exhausted.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 AM

467 posts, read 1,186,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Thanks everyone. Yeah, we have some storms moving in and I suffer from barometric pressure related migraines.
I feel for you.

I suffer with these cluster doozies as well.

Ever since we've moved to the mountains of NC from the west coast it has been a constant health issue with me.

Like you, I don't drink alcohol/caffeine or smoke. Since I cannot tolerate most migraine meds - like Midrin, my ENT gave me a RX for Hydrocodone with acetaminophen to keep on hand for my worst ones. Sometimes I'll also take an allergy med with it too.

Hope you feel better soon.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,699,875 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone. Yeah, we have some storms moving in and I suffer from barometric pressure related migraines.

Me, too! I was miserable when I lived in New Orleans. But the feverfew can be taken daily as a preventative and it does work (see Lancet articles).

Old 09-08-2010, 12:34 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,384,438 times
Quote:
Nope. Don't take caffeine at all. I drink only decaffeinated beverages, when I do drink them (which is rarely). I don't smoke or drink either.

I think it's probably sinus related because I took 2 sinus tabs last night and it seems to have helped a little. I tried to sleep, but couldn't. I ended up going to bed for about 3 hrs and was right back up again because of the headache. Now, I feel so exhausted.

Get a Neti Pot. They work wonders!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 02:22 PM

37,025 posts, read 41,080,752 times
Default {geek}, see your doctor!

Folks, OP needs to see a doctor and get a diagnosis!

It is highly likely that the pain is not due to a sinus problem if there are no other sinus symptoms.

See here: Headaches and Migraines: Headache Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment

An indication to see a doctor is
  • persistent headache in someone previously headache free
Do not fool around with this any longer!

Old 09-08-2010, 02:37 PM

@thanks everyone.

@suzy, thanks -- but I get migraines all the time. This isn't new for me. I've had them like this ever since I was a child (in part due to eye disease that made me totally blind).

The headaches don't normally last 9 days though. The longest they've ever gone before is 5 days.
I took the suggestion from one of the posters and ate some fast food ... and it has helped (along with the sinus tabs). I slept for a few hours too, and am now feeling a lot better.

The headache has let up about 80% -- it's still annoying but not as bad. It'll probably be gone by later tonight.

@nan, what's a Neti Pot? I've never heard of this before.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:39 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,973,497 times
Actually, chronic migraines can last for days, weeks , and months. That`s the way they can roll. Migraines can just start at any age even though previously you`ve never had any and be persistant for days,etc. You can also get rebounds (which continues the process but the migraine is worse) with taking to many OTC`S. I know someone who has major sinus issues and just not to long ago started to have persistant every day migraines as well.

There are meds that can help to a certain degree but nothing works 100% of the time with most people who have migraines. Especially for the ones who have chronic migraines.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 AM

467 posts, read 1,186,628 times
Quote:

what's a Neti Pot? I've never heard of this before.
Neti Pot

They can be found at your local HFS and believe even Walgreens carries them. My 15 year old even uses it. It works wonders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness