Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 08:09 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times

Advertisements

I had a pea-size knot pop up on the back of my neck, right in the center about a year ago. Seemed to have started out as a "pimple", but it never went away.

It never bothered me, so I never messed with it, but over the past two weeks its became larger and its sore and its a little firm to the touch compared to the rest of my skin. I had a sebaceous cyst on the upper part of my shoulder that I had surgically removed about 8 years ago, but I am not sure if this is the same thing or not.

Someone said to place hot cloths on it and it may go away, but it hasnt so far. I am guessing I will have to end up going to the doctor over this, but I can get to my doctor for about 3 weeks and wondering if this is a major cause for concern and does it sound like a cyst?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 09:14 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Sounds like could be an abscess too which you will need antibiotics to treat.

If you really can't get to the doc for 3 weeks go to Walmart and pick up some Tumeric capsules or start adding the spice to your cooking. It has helped to keep me boil free and it helps my complexion too.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:36 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
I have had two lumps on one side of my neck and another on the other side. These were not at the same time just over yrs.

When having the last one removed remarked to the DR about a small lump on my forearm that was real sensative to the touch and hurt if hit by accident. He said he's remove it also the same time and remarked that he saw a black spot when removing the small lump. It was benign but something sure made it hurt.

Some people are prone to get these systs and I'm one of them. Just fatty tissue that collects in one small spot...nothing serious...more of a nuisance.

Back of the neck is where all the nerves collect going down the spine. I had spinal surgery last yr and know some of the related problems.

Best to see the DR and have it removed.

Steve

Old 12-14-2009, 12:38 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
I have had several sebaceous cysts (actually, they don't call them that anymore, I think the new terminology is epidermal cyst) on my shoulders, neck, and back. Since you have had one before you are probably in the category of people who are prone to them. After having a horrible experience with one that became inflamed/infected and blew up to the size of a softball overnight (can you say OUCH?), I always have them surgically removed as soon as I find them, but they are difficult to completely remove when they are inflamed and there is a good chance it will grow right back if it is not completely removed. I would go in to see a doctor and get an antibiotic script to calm it down, then have it removed in a couple of weeks when it is quiescent again. Assuming of course that it is a cyst of this type. Do not touch it in the meantime, that will only aggravate it.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 25,818 times
I have a cyst on the upper right part on my neck and it hurts like hell. I've had it for 6 years and it comes and goes, but lately, it has been hanging around. I started feeling the pain yesterday to it is worst. By the way, my last few doctors just looked at it and say, huh, it's a cyst. 6 years and now I can barely hold my head up.

Please help

Old 10-03-2010, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 25,146 times
I just posted...wtf happened? To make a long story short....I had a pea sized lump with little pain. 3 days later I had a giant lump that hurted to where I went to er. I had a small scab and 2 cyst close by. One day(2days ago) I went to cut of a piece of dead skin (so I thought) using nail clippers, I pulled hard on it and felt/heard a entity leave my body. I looked and was holding a thing* on my nail clippers. So i went online and confirmed what it was. I can't find anything about a cyst having a head *like dry skin from a wound. I immediatly started to fell better (instantly...and is about 100%. Infection was the cyst!) and I believe ALL cyst need to be removed. Your docs are treating the illness and not curing it. They lie...get them things out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness