U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 11:31 PM

3,578 posts, read 3,764,417 times

Advertisements

I had my testosterone & cortisol done, & they were on high end both of them. But it was 3pm (my awaking time not everyone else's "normal" afternoon).

I wonder if this shows my higher level of 19 (on scale up to 23, but it should be morning top-end level, but not that high of 19-ish in aft.) or is my sleep cycle so messed, that it reflects my rising cortisol level, despite being in the aft. If you sleep from 6am-3pm then this would be my "morning"?

Also as I age over 40, I think I've had more anxiety/time urgency/impatience issues, etc. due to aging & loss of biochem. levels. I don't know.

Anyone use herbs etc. to deal w/ this, rather than meds? I have Ativan but hate to use.

I will test 24 hr catecholamines levels (dopamine, epi & nor-epi) next wk, & retest testos. & cortisol. Hope this helps find something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 03:38 PM

7,873 posts, read 10,166,828 times
From what I know, high cortisol levels indicate lots of stress. Have you looked into sensoril? It's ashwaghanda, an herb, and the "sensoril" brand is a standardized ashwaghanda. Integrative Therapeutics (IT)carries a "Cortisol Manager," w/ theanine and other things in it. You can find IT products through Rite Care Pharmacy, in California. They carry better quality products.
The adoptogens help a body w/ stress.
I don't know much about testing for the rest. Epi and nor-epi are adrenergics. I would think that eating nutritiously, resting, decreasing stress would help those become more balanced. But, of course, you need certain levels of those to adapt to stress. It's just that too much isn't good.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 10-03-2010 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness