Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:42 PM

52 posts, read 153,122 times

Advertisements

I notice that whenever I get hungry and I haven't eaten for a while, I get into this funky mood that I just can't shake off. I get light headed, have hard time getting work done and just generally bad attitude.

Normally I am calm, easy going guy but if I dont get a chance to eat lunch I am moody during lunch, and also around 5-6 if I don't have dinner.

This has been bothering me for a while because this is when I lose my cool. I snap at people, get pissed easily and just want to get away and rest and put some food in my stomach.

I don't have diabetes so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am normally in a great mood in the morning till about 11am, and it gets worse as the day goes by, then worst around 5-6pm. Then I have my big dinner and again feel great afterward. My energy level fluctuates throughout the day and I would like to even it out somehow.

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 01:40 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,574,293 times
You're not diabetic yet, maybe, but you are on the way. Typical symptoms of hypoglycemia.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,976,495 times
Check your blood sugar levels when these situations occur as it sounds like low blood sugar levels,Does your doctor know about these bouts of light headedness. Carry an energy bar for those times you may experience the condition, i like Vector bars..
You may want to frequent a diabetic forum unless you are absolutely sure that diabetes isnt starting to creep into your life.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:09 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,445,188 times

It's simple...eat something.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,061,561 times
Eating smaller more frequent meals helps. I am in the same boat.
Your body follows a pattern and if you study it, you will see the pattern.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 AM

889 posts, read 2,702,028 times
Buy a bag of quality raw nuts and keep them with you all the time. A small handful will do wonders.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,033,699 times
Default This works for me ~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prehistory View Post
I notice that whenever I get hungry and I haven't eaten for a while, I get into this funky mood that I just can't shake off. I get light headed, have hard time getting work done and just generally bad attitude.

Normally I am calm, easy going guy but if I dont get a chance to eat lunch I am moody during lunch, and also around 5-6 if I don't have dinner.

This has been bothering me for a while because this is when I lose my cool. I snap at people, get pissed easily and just want to get away and rest and put some food in my stomach.

I don't have diabetes so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am normally in a great mood in the morning till about 11am, and it gets worse as the day goes by, then worst around 5-6pm. Then I have my big dinner and again feel great afterward. My energy level fluctuates throughout the day and I would like to even it out somehow.

Any advice?
I graze ~~ every three hours or so ~~ real food / no red meat / no dairy / no fast food / no fake food It works for me

Old 11-02-2010, 02:51 PM

914 posts, read 4,432,378 times
You sound like my fiance, who has reactive hypoglycemia. I definitely agree on the nuts. My fiance always has a baggie or container of almonds with him. Nuts are a great source of portable, emergency protein (as well as a good source of other things).

Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 PM

52 posts, read 153,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
You sound like my fiance, who has reactive hypoglycemia. I definitely agree on the nuts. My fiance always has a baggie or container of almonds with him. Nuts are a great source of portable, emergency protein (as well as a good source of other things).
Wow, I read up on reactive hypoglycemia and that sounds similar to what I experience. I'm 25, 5-10 155 pounds and other wise in great physical condition.

What I do sometimes is eat smaller meal during lunch and that appears to help. Also, less carb and more protein and vegetables helps too. I haven't tried the nuts yet.

May I ask what your fiance does to combat it?

Old 11-04-2010, 03:31 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,617,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prehistory View Post
Wow, I read up on reactive hypoglycemia and that sounds similar to what I experience. I'm 25, 5-10 155 pounds and other wise in great physical condition.

What I do sometimes is eat smaller meal during lunch and that appears to help. Also, less carb and more protein and vegetables helps too. I haven't tried the nuts yet.

May I ask what your fiance does to combat it?
One of my sons has the same problem. The problem with him is he puts off eating meals when he is busy. His blood sugar drops and his disposition changes. He gets moody and critical.

I noticed this in him during his late teens. I often hear from my DIL that he still struggles with the problem and he is in his mid=thirties. What does she do? She tells him to stop being nasty to people and go get something to eat. Works every time. Problem solved.

He's not diabetic nor does he have any health problems. He just needs to eat on a more regular schedule. He does not always listen to the signals though. But all of us who love him know the signs and we make sure to let him know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness