U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 07:12 PM

3 posts, read 5,084 times

Advertisements

You may be right about the heartburn. I have decided to go the natural route because I read that those medications can have a harmful effect if taken for too long. I cut out all caffeine and all spicy stuff and am trying to eat more greens. I just started doing this so we'll see how it goes.

Yeah I made an allergy appointment with a different doctor because I couldn't work with the limited hours of the last guy I went to. Unfortunately because I am switching practices I won't have my first appointment until late April.

I also just got allergy free bed covers and an air purifier for my bedroom the other day. I Think they may be helping a tiny bit. I also started taking Zyrtec 10mg everyday, not sure if that's helping.

I should mention that I have never been a smoker, forgot to mention that in my original post. I don't drink any alcohol either.

Thanks for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 04:09 AM

18,703 posts, read 18,935,143 times
Being careful about what you eat is important but when I said 'home remedies' you might try, I meant things like apple cider vinegar, for instance.
Here's a site that might be helpful. It's balanced information, not a 'miracle cure'
Apple cider vinegar for acid reflux | RefluxMD - Your guide to lifetime reflux relief

Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM

1 posts
I went through the same thing for about a year and half. Went to 7 different doctors and had my heart and lungs checked 3 times. I was even put on proton pump to decrease my stomach acid. No one could figure out whats wrong with me. My last doctor tried to put me on anxiety medication and I refused. I ended up feeling alone and helpless until one day I saw an old friend of mine. I told him about my situation and he asked if I had tried apple cider vinegar and I said no. But at this point I was willing to try anything. So I took his advise and started. I would take 3 caps full of apple cider ( The bottle cap) in an 8oz cup filled half way with water. I did this 3 times a day 5 min before eating. Once before breakfast, than lunch and last dinner. Within 3 days I noticed that I no longer had the issue and was cured. I continued this for about a month and on the second month I would only take it if I felt any shortness of breath and it would make it go away. At any time if you start getting the feeling just take some of the solution and it will go away. Just make sure not to eat or drink any dairy products before or after taking the apple cider. Also if you ever feel a heartburn just take some of the solution and it will go away. Last advice stop sugar intake. You cant completely stop sugar just because all foods these days have some added to them, but avoid candy, cookies, ice cream, sodas and you get the point. I hope this helps, cause it saved my life. No more shortness of breath and no more heartburn's of any sort.

Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM

20,417 posts, read 6,780,594 times
First thing that came to my mind is Magnesium Deficiency. So Many are deficient or really low in their mag levels. I've been supplementing with mag for decades and NEVER had shortness of breath or other heart issues and I'm 80. It is just too bad MD's don't include his valuable mineral in standard labs. Pathetic is the word.

https://www.easy-immune-health.com/s...magnesium.html

Grape Seed Ex is great too for circulation and I'm taking it decades too.

Old Today, 12:43 AM

1,681 posts, read 3,653,837 times
Sounds like you're having some form of panic attacks...seek help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness