U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 10:19 PM

440 posts, read 1,483,842 times

Advertisements

Has any adult ever had a tube put in the ear????. I heard they they to slice your eardrum and they do it that way.. I guess that is going to be the next step for me with these ear problems!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 12:47 PM

5,077 posts, read 12,707,769 times
I had tubes when I was a kid. They were horrible, caused me a great deal of pain and as an adult, I still have scar tissue from that. I wouldn't get tubes now if you paid me but... I do believe there are alternates to getting actual tubes placed in your ears. I'd speak to your ear nose and throat doc (ENT) and let them be the judge, seek a second opinion, always.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:44 PM

223 posts, read 502,772 times
I had my first tube put in at age 22, then every 2 years or so in one ear. Many people do not need to continually replace them, I unfortunately do.

I've had them inserted in the doctor's office and as well as in the hospital under anesthesia. Some doctors prefer that the patient be under anesthesia. Not painful at all. Also the recovery is immediate.

No regrets...no ear infections, no fluid buildup, and perfect hearing (with the tube).

Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 PM

440 posts, read 1,483,842 times
Thank you for your replies.. This ear situation is horrible.. The ENT told me not to worry I am not going to die from this..He is okay but thinks I should be able to function with it...Wrong!! I am going to find another one in a bigger town...I am virtually living a life of hell.. it is so annoying and it is making me sick to my stomach...Got the Omnaris nasal spray....This is going on 5 weeks now...no sleep.. up all night nervous.. blood pressure high from worry....I guess when you have always had good hearing and now it feels like there is something stuck ..just a creepy unsettling feeling.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness