U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 02:56 PM

42 posts, read 121,051 times

Advertisements

I have Venous Vein Disease, My right leg is reddish-brown from the ankle to the middle of my calve, my ankle swells while I am standing and a small ulcer is forming on my ankle.

I have been taking Pine Bark Extract and Horse Chestnut Seed Extract for circulation, it is helping a little but I need more information.

Is there anyone else that may of had this problem and if so, what was doon to heal it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 07:57 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,226,978 times
I don't have circulation issues but just plain old walking does improve circulation in my legs. For example if my feet are cold, I walk and they warm right up. Did the doctor who diagnosed you suggest walking a lot?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 PM

Default Walking

Walking is good, it's having to stand for 8 hours at a time at my job that is bad. I'm also supposed to lay with my leg above my heart for 30 minutes 4 times a day.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:11 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,226,978 times
Can you work something out with your boss?

Old 12-10-2010, 04:45 PM

No, it's a production line and only numbers count there, you have to stand up to do the jobs on the line.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:34 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,125,682 times
You need to see a doctor and get some medical support hose to help keep the veins pumping. They are usually covered by insurance I think. Also make sure you do not overload yourself with fluids or salt (water follows salt, and it all follows gravity). You might want to get some lasix (furosemide) if it gets really bad. If you can take short breaks (like 5 mins) and put your legs above your heart every couple of hours or so it might help. But if you are standing all day, support hose is critical.

Lastly take care of your legs. Make sure you don't get any venous ulcers. Make sure you don't get diabetes cuz it could make things tons worse.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:43 AM

8,957 posts, read 17,000,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoplnan View Post
I have Venous Vein Disease, My right leg is reddish-brown from the ankle to the middle of my calve, my ankle swells while I am standing and a small ulcer is forming on my ankle.

I have been taking Pine Bark Extract and Horse Chestnut Seed Extract for circulation, it is helping a little but I need more information.

Is there anyone else that may of had this problem and if so, what was doon to heal it?
Don't mess around with OTC remedies , mate!! The symptoms you discribe are all serious enough to be looked at by a doctor NOW!

You risk gangrene if you delay!

Diagnose-Me: Condition: Poor Circulation

Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM

I went to see the Doctor and she said I was retaining water, a ulcer formed on my ankle and there is an infection around it. She put me on Apo-Cephalex 500mg 4 times a day for the next 10 days and then I am to see her again.

It is painful now, feels like it is on fire at times.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:16 PM

8,957 posts, read 17,000,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoplnan View Post
I went to see the Doctor and she said I was retaining water, a ulcer formed on my ankle and there is an infection around it. She put me on Apo-Cephalex 500mg 4 times a day for the next 10 days and then I am to see her again.

It is painful now, feels like it is on fire at times.
Good! Please, keep the doctor in the loop for your own sake. Leg ulcers are nothing to mess with!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness