U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 02:50 PM

563 posts, read 1,284,490 times

Advertisements

It's been 6 days since I woke up with a painful middle toe. I can't remember doing anything where I could have hurt it. I just noticed going down the stairs and walking in general that my middle toe was tender.
I think it was the 3rd day it had been hurting and I played me "your shape fitness" on Kinect, which probably wasn't good for it. I did ice it that night, which I think was good. But I have not iced it since, and I've played the kinect game a couple more times. It's been hurting pretty bad today. It's hard to tell if it's swollen, but I think it is a little. It's not bruised. I have ice on it as I type.

Anyone have input? I have a feeling I'm just going to have to deal with it til the problem fixes itself... stupid toe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 03:45 PM

563 posts, read 1,284,490 times
Just want to add that, after icing it again, it feels very very stiff.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,088,455 times
could be gout

Gout Symptoms, Diet, Treatment, Causes and Medication by MedicineNet.com

busta

Old 09-12-2012, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 45,388 times
Default sore middle toe - blame Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaMommy View Post
It's been 6 days since I woke up with a painful middle toe. I can't remember doing anything where I could have hurt it. I just noticed going down the stairs and walking in general that my middle toe was tender.
I think it was the 3rd day it had been hurting and I played me "your shape fitness" on Kinect, which probably wasn't good for it. I did ice it that night, which I think was good. But I have not iced it since, and I've played the kinect game a couple more times. It's been hurting pretty bad today. It's hard to tell if it's swollen, but I think it is a little. It's not bruised. I have ice on it as I type.

Anyone have input? I have a feeling I'm just going to have to deal with it til the problem fixes itself... stupid toe
Guess what. I woke up with a sore middle toe today and I have recently been playing "Your Shape" with the Kinect. I see a pattern here. They should have a disclaimer regarding middle toes.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:35 AM

23,311 posts, read 22,322,198 times
I've broken a few 2nd 3rd and 4th toes over the years. The Doc told me to wear comfy, loose shoes, take an analgesic and quit hurting myself.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:37 PM

5,143 posts, read 12,890,192 times
If you didn't hit it, and don't have arthritis, it could be gout, although that usually (but not always!) strikes the joint of the big toe, first. If it doesn't go away soon, get to a doctor. Gout is nothing to mess with!

Old 09-15-2012, 12:50 PM

679 posts, read 1,014,433 times
Take it easy for a few days and take Aleve or Motrin (providing those haven't given you bad reactions in the past), along with the icing. Elevating the foot will help too. After foot surgery, I found a computer chair with wheels worked better than a table or couch arm to lean it on. You can put some big fluffy pillows on the seat and move it closer/farther as you stretch your leg. If it still hurts, you probably want to see a doctor. If you can get an appointment with a podiatrist first, that would be ideal. I've had a number of foot problems and I find since they're working with feet more than other doctors, they often are better at diagnosing the problem. Though some insurance requires you to get a referral from your regular physician first.

It could be a soft tissue injury from either overuse or stubbing it that you don't recall. If it is broken and you don't know how to tape it, going to a doctor's office to have someone show you how to tape it may be helpful. Taping it will help stabilize the broken toe and keep it from moving too much. Which will allow it to heal quickly. But when taping, you don't want to tape too tight as it will impair your circulation

Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM

10,949 posts, read 19,303,611 times
See if you can pull on it, or have a friend pull on it, to pop it back into place. The first time I did that for my daughter, she was amazed at how fast it felt better.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 PM

38,907 posts, read 45,733,762 times
Check for the start of an ingrown toenail too.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:37 AM

14,819 posts, read 19,022,628 times
I've had gout almost 24/7 for the past two years (due to acute kidney failure). It's been in my big toe only once. It usually affects all the joints in the mid-section of the top of my foot (lisfranc) and sometimes the joints all along the side of the foot.

I think you'd know if it's gout. The pain is comparable to passing a kidney stone and/or childbirth. I have a strong tolerance for pain but this gout can reduce me to tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness