U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:47 PM

3,598 posts, read 3,780,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Guess again. Obesity related illnesses have surpassed cigarettes as a cause of death.

3 donuts a day is far worse than 3 cigs a day.
Problem is that cigs affect others. Donuts don't. I agree obesity leads but societal effects to those around you = cigs wins. I am a health nut & eat well, don't smoke, have red wine, workout daily & AVOID smokes like the plague. I will run away from a lit cig -- even if a best friend lights up. I suggest all do this. Ban all cigs in ALL public areas/apts, etc. & we will see huge drops in heart, cancers, etc.

No way to control the chow one ingests, other than warn them & when they get diabetes, then let them know how they should have tried harder to avoid this. Health is wealth, & cigs & donuts devalue that health.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:03 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,946,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Problem is that cigs affect others. Donuts don't. I agree obesity leads but societal effects to those around you = cigs wins. I am a health nut & eat well, don't smoke, have red wine, workout daily & AVOID smokes like the plague. I will run away from a lit cig -- even if a best friend lights up. I suggest all do this. Ban all cigs in ALL public areas/apts, etc. & we will see huge drops in heart, cancers, etc.

No way to control the chow one ingests, other than warn them & when they get diabetes, then let them know how they should have tried harder to avoid this. Health is wealth, & cigs & donuts devalue that health.
And drunk drivers kill people.
And wide receivers drop passes.
And people get mosquito bites.

What does this have to do with the original post?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 AM

3,598 posts, read 3,780,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
And drunk drivers kill people.
And wide receivers drop passes.
And people get mosquito bites.

What does this have to do with the original post?
Charles, I'm only trying to say that cigs are worse due to further invasion to not only one's health but doubly problematic to other's health as well.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:47 AM

5,498 posts, read 5,815,646 times
Quote:
Charles, I'm only trying to say that cigs are worse due to further invasion to not only one's health but doubly problematic to other's health as well.
Not in disagreement as to the merits of your argument, just to its relevancy. Please see original post below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy View Post
All other things being equal, which makes your life unhealthier?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 AM

523 posts, read 3,290,388 times
you genuinely made me just snort coffee out of my nose

Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I understand, it's just that the side comments can throw a thread off the tracks.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post

And I repeat, wanna know the real truth? Test it. Do a damn study to find out who gets iller on the donuts and cigs for hell's sake. No one here trying to make a "definitive answer" based on their own speculations is going to get it right, i

I agree with this. But, the original post was for fun - you're right, unless someone posts some hard data (which I don't think would be hard to produce - and I think the data would show the donuts to be much unhealthier), this is all speculation - but, it's for fun and I think it will get people to think outside the box too.

If it makes anyone feel any better, I just had a Jack in the Box Taco for breakfast. Cold. From Sunday. My work colleagues almost fainted.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 AM

22,799 posts, read 28,685,918 times
the most unhealthy thing is not having enough self control to control what you put in your body.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 AM

19,651 posts, read 53,679,668 times
closed for mod review

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness