Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:54 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times

Advertisements

Rather than playing armchair diagnostician and work yourself into an emotional breakdown discovering that you have 47 different diseases, each one fatal and uncurable...

why not just go to a doctor? Don't tell him "I think I have X, Y, Z." Tell him instead, "I'm experiencing this, that, and the other thing." And let him start from there and work with you to find a diagnosis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 06:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,382 times
Because I've done that with about every doctor type and the hospital twice where I live. I don't have access to very good doctors where I'm at and with the little money I have. My condition continues to worsen. I can hardly think. Nobody cares. I'm losing my mind, slipping away from this world farther and farther each day. They have me on more antibiotics and Prednisone now. The only doctor I haven't seen yet is the one I really need to see and that's a neurologist. My GP is suppose to get me an appointment with one as soon as possible but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm at the end, about to give up.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyinpain View Post
I'm at the end, about to give up.
I hope you have told someone who is physically near you, and therefore more capable of helping you than faceless people on the Internet, that you feel this way. Right now this may be the more important issue to address. Chronic illness, regardless of what kind, is very difficult. It is easy to let it overtake every aspect of your life. If you haven't already told your doctor you feel this way, you need to do so.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 AM

530 posts, read 1,163,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyinpain View Post
Because I've done that with about every doctor type and the hospital twice where I live. I don't have access to very good doctors where I'm at and with the little money I have. My condition continues to worsen. I can hardly think. Nobody cares. I'm losing my mind, slipping away from this world farther and farther each day. They have me on more antibiotics and Prednisone now. The only doctor I haven't seen yet is the one I really need to see and that's a neurologist. My GP is suppose to get me an appointment with one as soon as possible but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm at the end, about to give up.
Prednisone can cause blood glucose problems, among many other things. You may want to reconsider taking this medicine if you are not in dire shape (i.e. you are wheezing so badly that you are having extreme trouble breathing or another similar problem).

I can tell you that "brain fog" can be very strong when your blood sugar is out of whack. Other problems discussed in this thread can be caused by a host of other endocrine problems--such as pernicious anemia. Such problems run in my family, and I battled brain fog myself for a few years until I entirely changed my diet and got myself on the best thyroid medicine for me. I generally do not eat refined sugar because it seems to be one of the key culprits for me. I also need to ensure I have enough B-12 to feel normal. It took me a few years to completely change my diet, but these changes solved most of my problems.

I think more people are facing these types of problems today because of the changes in our diets as food has become more processed etc. The brain fog problem in particular alarmed me when I first experienced it in my life, so I was glad to be able to correct the problem.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:03 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
Thyroid conditions can cause issues with our heart. Might be worth looking into.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:39 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
google Dysautonomia....

Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr991 View Post
Hello, I have been feeling unwell for almost 8 years now and things are getting to the point where I feel like I am dying. I do not know what is going on with me, so I am posting with the hopes that someone will recognize some of my symptoms and possibly identify what I might be going through. I am desperate and appreciate any and all comments.

Sounds like a mix of medical and psychiatric problems (major depression, anxiety, somatization). While waiting for the doctor to finish doing his thing, you might try eating Activia yogurt daily for the gastrointestinal problems, and Nasonex for nasal problems. See if your psychiatrist (or medical doctor) would be willing to give you a trial of Zoloft. These things have helped me.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,983 times
Did you ever find out what the problem was?
Are you still alive ?
I've been suffering from the exact same issues identical to yours and I think mine are due to an undiagnosed Cancer
Please let me know

Thanks

Old 05-03-2015, 01:44 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alansmith81 View Post
Did you ever find out what the problem was?
Are you still alive ?
I've been suffering from the exact same issues identical to yours and I think mine are due to an undiagnosed Cancer
Please let me know

Thanks
She listed a ton of symptoms. You probably don't have all the exact same ones. Could you list yours, please? Also list any tests you've had.

Get a full endocrine work-up, including thyroid.

If fatigue is present, and difficulty sleeping, think back to see if there may have been anything that triggered the fatigue (chronic stress perhaps combined with a major event-stressor, like moving, divorce, losing job, getting new job, victim of crime, losing a loved one, etc.) Also note if there's any sign of allergies: environmental (plants), household (cleaning chemicals), or food.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,875 times
I'm literally going through the same thing. It's sinuses and allergies!!!! Possibly inner ear problems too. Anxiety I'm working through it but that's the pins and needle feeling you get . I pray blessings over you in Jesus name !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness