Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:05 PM

651 posts, read 779,734 times

Advertisements

For a long time I still suffer from an enormous pressure above my nose.
The strangest of all, always in the living room. From that moment I go out, work in busy catering businesses, etc. ... I have no more trouble. Already a number of doctors visited each scan performed with the result that they find nothing. I feel that the problem is in the living room. An allergy or something decent in stead. It is very frustrating that I do not know what it is, ventilation and light enough so I can not lie. And I do not smoke.
Eventually you committed to the things to stabbing, the PC, wireless internet, floor, seats and so on ...etc

i'm sorry for my bad english

regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 05:27 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Definitely an allergy to something in that room. You could have allergy testing to see what you are allergic to and then try to find that substance in the living room. However, it may be an odd item that the tests don't cover.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
What do you do when you are in the living room that you don't do anywhere else? Read? Watch TV? If you just go into that room and sit down and do nothing do you get the headache? If so, I'd go with Southern Belle and say there's something environmental in that room that is setting you off.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:43 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,646,529 times
Do you have carpet in the living room, could be a problem under there. Perhaps if the house is on a raised foundation, something underneath the room going on. Can you crawl under the house? Any mold problems? Was the room recently painted, carpeted, new flooring? Do you have any common walls with another house/tenant? Any odors, stains? Did you bring anything different or new into the house recently?

Old 02-20-2011, 07:58 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Is the house a new or fairly new construction? It could be the home was constructed using Chinese drywall. You may want to Google it and see if what you're experiencing are the symptoms numerous people have reported as having because this is in their homes. Problem is, if you have your home tested for the stuff and you know you have it, you have to disclose it if you ever attempt to sell your home. In which case, your home may sit on the market for a very long time.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:47 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
What kind of lighting is in your living room? Spiral CFLs and tube type flurorescents can cause headaches because they flicker at a frequency that you are not conscious of, but your eyes react to. Make sure all the lights in your living room are old-fashioned round light bulbs, and see of that makes a difference.

There might also be a sound source that you can hear in the living room, such as a ventilation fan or some industrial noise from outside the house. They can be at a sound frequency that you don't consciously notice, but are causing your body to set up a harmonic with it, creating stress.

Maybe your favorite chair in that room is not conforming well with your posture, and putting skeletel stress on your back or, especially, your neck. Does it help to sit in a different chair?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:37 PM

651 posts, read 779,734 times
So far still the same situation

I visited over 10 doctors and I did lots of testing, scanning, no one can find the cause..The strangest of all is that I am sometimes a few weeks not bother me, then comes the headache again when I'm in the living room

maybe it is psychological problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Is the house a new or fairly new construction? .
In my bathroom and bedroom I've never had problems with headache, and thats in the same construction/building. And the rooms are in the same paint.

Quote:
What kind of lighting is in your living room? Spiral CFLs and tube type flurorescents can cause headaches because they flicker at a frequency that you are not conscious of, but your eyes react to. Make sure all the lights in your living room are old-fashioned round light bulbs, and see of that makes a difference.
I have daytime and evening problems, even if no lights are on

Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 AM

7,115 posts, read 12,656,070 times
It may be your sofa--or chair--that's making you ill. A recent study from Duke University found some living room furniture outputs toxic chemicals:

Toxic chemicals have been found in couches, a Duke University study has found - Baltimore Sun

Old 12-11-2012, 07:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Do you have a gas space heater or gas stove in or near the living room? If your living room is separate from the rest of your house and you have a gas heater in there, it could be carbon monoxide poisoning. This is an EMERGENCY and can be fatal!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,365 times
Black mold buildup can make you pretty ill, even if you aren't allergic to mold.

It's said that virtually all buildings are going to have mold buildup in one vicinity or another, but if the mold is growing, say, under your carpet, then the spores can be disrupted and dispersed through the air. Headaches are pretty common symptoms of over-exposure to a moldy environment, or so I've been told.

Just a thought...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness