Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 04:10 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjinfhys32 View Post
Well all I am saying is that stating that unless you have copd you don't need an antibiotic is not accurate. As I said I have always tried as hard as I could to do all the home advice given by experts and those like you who state that antibiotics are not necessary. I've gone to the doctor and been sent home with those very same words so many times. And the result has always been that I am back with a worse infection and needing antibiotics. So all I'm saying is that just because a virus is the source of how you became sick doesn't mean that some will not develop bacterial infections if they are not able to clear out the fluid. And if they try too long on their own they can develop a very bad lung infection if they let it go. So telling people to just drink fluid and not advising them to have their lungs listened to is irresponsible. Others here need to lay off the advice also. Go to the doctor if you have bronchitis. Simple.
Hey, genius.
"Narrow airways" and slight asthma are technically a form of COPD.

stan4, M.D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 12:07 PM

4 posts, read 4,142 times
Wow if you're really a doctor, which is doubtful , I feel sorry for anyone who chooses to see you. You seem to have no people skills and only know how to bash instead of educate. I never claimed "genius" and only stated not to let lung issues wait at home. I only suggested seeing a doctor versus attempting to self diagnose. Which if you were a real doctor you would be advising as well. What's the attitude for ?

Old 01-09-2016, 01:31 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
I rarely see a doctor for antibiotics. Almost every time I've had bronchitis it's been viral, so lots of liquids, Mucinex, super hot showers (steam).

Basically my rule has been if there isn't a bunch of gross green/yellow mucus, then it's probably viral so I don't call the doctor.

I've only take antibiotics once in 5 years and that was for a horrible sinus infection.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-17-2016, 04:29 AM

22 posts, read 16,033 times
Yes ofcourse, you can surely beat bronchitis without antibiotics with easy home remedies.

Home remedies using steam

1) Breathe steam.
2) To make the steam treatment even more effective, add a few drops of eucalyptus or pine oil to the water.
3) Run a humidifier in your bedroom when you’re sleeping to moisten the air you breathe.
4) If you have an ultrasound, cool-mist humidifier, add the contents of a one-pint bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide and a quarter-cup of water.

Natural ways to thin mucus

1) To thin mucus and help you cough it up more easily, drink lots of water‘at least eight 250-mL glasses each day. And avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks, which dehydrate your system and make the mucus tougher to dislodge.
2) Eat chile peppers, hot spicy salsa, or dishes prepared with cayenne pepper. Fiery foods don’t just make your nose run’they also thin the mucus in your lungs, helping you cough more productively.
3) Drink mullein tea. Mullein, a traditional folk remedy for respiratory ailments, offers another way to clear mucus from your lungs. It contains saponins, which help loosen phlegm, along with a gelatinous mucilage that soothes raw mucous membranes. Boil a cup of water, remove from the heat, and drop in two teaspoons dried mullein leaves. Let the tea steep for 10 minutes, then strain out the wet leaves and drink the tea. You can drink up to three cups a day.
4) Avoid milk products. Cow’s milk contains lactalbumin, which stimulates the production of mucus in the upper and lower respiratory tract and in the intestines. (Young calves, with four stomachs, need this extra mucus to help protect their intestinal tracts from strong stomach acids…but you don’t!) When humans drink cow’s milk, the result is excessive mucus production.
[/b][/b]

Old 05-05-2017, 10:48 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
There is a post in the allergy section on reducing mucous and I've added comments on it about NOT getting broncial issues. Or at least keeping them reduced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness