U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 PM

5,986 posts, read 14,905,962 times

Advertisements

All my life (from age 12 on), I've applied my Speed Stick immediately after showering. It doesn't matter if I'm getting dressed in the morning after a shower or taking a nighttime shower and going to sleep immediately afterward. The deodorant goes on as part of the post-shower routine either way.

Now a debate has ensued in my family about this practice. My wife and both daughters think I'm weird. They swear that deodorant should only be applied immediately prior to dressing. Thusly, when they shower at night (as they often do), they don't use deodorant until the following morning right before getting dressed. This seems weird to me because I think our bodies secrete odors and/or we sweat sometimes even while sleeping.

With whom would you agree and are you a man or woman?

Steve
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 PM

22,583 posts, read 11,763,332 times
I agree with you, Steve. I apply it after every shower.

The fact is we DO perspire while we are sleeping, whether you want to admit it or not. Numerous sleep studies conducted by the Better Sleep Council in Washington, DC have confirmed this. That doesn't mean if you shower the night before you will be all stinky and have "B.O." the next morning ... but it is recommended that everyone have a mattress protector under their bedsheets precisely because we perspire when sleeping.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness