Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 12:55 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times

Advertisements

This is unheard of is it not? I have a morning pulse of about 58-60-ish but it hardly ever gets that low during waking hrs. Does anyone have a pulse this low regularly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 01:59 AM

532 posts, read 1,177,062 times
That is pretty normal for sleeping pulse/waking up pulse. It can even be in the 40s and be OK. Naturally the heart beats faster during the waking active hours. I work in a hospital and frequently see people with pulses like this who are resting or sleeping and it's OK as long as they don't feel like they're going to faint or such.

I myself have a pulse in the low 50s-60s when I first wake up or before I fall asleep, and then in sleep my pulse hovers around 46 and my cardiologist is not concerned.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:54 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,430,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
This is unheard of is it not? I have a morning pulse of about 58-60-ish but it hardly ever gets that low during waking hrs. Does anyone have a pulse this low regularly?
That's fine unless you're having any symptoms.
Quit taking it

Old 03-04-2011, 05:41 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
That's fine unless you're having any symptoms.
Quit taking it
Thanks. I know but I saw cardiologist yesterday & he said for 51 yrs old I'm great. But I've become OCD w/ this issue now that studies link higher pulse w/ early death. Also, my daily moving around pulse is about 70s-90s unless working out & then it hits the 120s-140s top end for a few mins here & there.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:25 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,430,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Thanks. I know but I saw cardiologist yesterday & he said for 51 yrs old I'm great. But I've become OCD w/ this issue now that studies link higher pulse w/ early death. Also, my daily moving around pulse is about 70s-90s unless working out & then it hits the 120s-140s top end for a few mins here & there.
But your mornong pulse is 60- perfectly normal.
70-90 is OK
When you do a cardio-vascular workout your heart rate is supposed to increase- you're excercising your heart
If I remember correctly you aim for a heart rate no higher than double your normal rate.
The important thing is your recovery heart rate.
One way to determine if you are reaping the benefits from exercise is to calculate your Recovery Heart Rate, a measure of how quickly you return to your resting heart rate after a workout. To calculate your recovery heart rate:
  1. Take your pulse ten seconds immediately after you have finished exercising. Write down the number.
  2. One minute later, take your pulse again and write it down.
  3. Subtract the number for the second pulse check from the number for the first pulse check. This number is your Recovery Heart Rate. The greater the number, the better shape you are in!
Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness