Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 02:36 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,395,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Try cutting out animal products and wheat products. See if your fibromyalgia symptoms go away.
What most people don't realize is what they are eating is what is causing all these diseases and symptoms.
And Dairy! Dairy is a KILLER. The foods that are doing the most damage though are the foods you crave the most. So, whatever they are, cut them out and see if you don't feel a lot better in two weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,934,640 times
I'm inclined to mostly agree with johndoe07. I wouldn't go so far to say that anxiety is the cause of fibromyalgia, but it certainly would be a contributing factor to fibromyalgia AND many other dis-eases with fancy names. You can only stand to benefit by finding ways to lessen your anxiety.

blessings...Franco

Old 09-28-2007, 06:48 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,305,093 times
I had chronic fatigue syndrome. I was never diagnosed with fibro, but I ached all over like I had the flu. Six months later I finally got into raw juicing and cured myself. I made the juice with 6 carrots, 1 glove of garlic, 1 rib of celery, and a few sprigs of parsley. this drink was recommened in my juice book as for the immune system. You have to drink the juice as soon as you make it because the enzymes die after it is made, so of course bottled carrot or other juices would not work since cooking and pasterization, even sitting around causes enzymes to die.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:17 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,198,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I had chronic fatigue syndrome. I was never diagnosed with fibro, but I ached all over like I had the flu. Six months later I finally got into raw juicing and cured myself. I made the juice with 6 carrots, 1 glove of garlic, 1 rib of celery, and a few sprigs of parsley. this drink was recommened in my juice book as for the immune system. You have to drink the juice as soon as you make it because the enzymes die after it is made, so of course bottled carrot or other juices would not work since cooking and pasterization, even sitting around causes enzymes to die.
I am SO hooked on juicing. I have fresh fruit and veggie juice every day. I always toss in an apple or two with my veggie juice plus a half a lemon and a lime. So if i use alot of romaine lettuce and celery in a juice, it always tastes like lemon-lime.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:17 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,052,865 times
Is there a particular juicer that you prefer? I want to start this but want advice on the best type of juicer out there, easy use, easy clean-up preferred.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:40 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,198,483 times
I have the Jack laLanne juicer. It's easy to clean. just 4 parts to clean each time. The top, blade, filter basket and bottom part. I put a bag in the catch basket so easy cleanup.
The time i bought my juicer, Target had offered a $25 gift card when buying it, and the juicer was $100. So got it for $75. It's easily the most used appliance in my house.

There are better juicers out there, and i consider the one i have a starter juicer. When we wear this one out, I want to get either a Vitamix blender or an L'equip or other juicer. One that wastes less of the fruit and veggies. Someone said ebay is a good place to get a good deal on juicers.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:31 AM

I own a Champion juicer. I really love it. It was high on the list as being recommended. It has something like a 20 year warranty. I also have a Vitamixer, but I can't stand juice with all of the pulp, although it will make delicious raw soups, which I have not tried but have tasted when sampling them at Costco.

One other reason why I got a Champion Juicer is because you can freeze fruit and push it though using a solid blade, and it comes out like ice cream and is delicious. But I never use it. Shame. The fruit seems to change flavor when doing this and makes it taste even better--maybe the freezing is what changes the flavor.

Spending the money for a good juicer is worth it. Like Pinksting I had a Jack LaLaine one, but it was a cheaper model, and it didn't last.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:34 AM

What I have learned from others with fibro is that they don't sleep well. When I had chronic fatigue with achiness all over my body I didn't sleep well either. The first week I began juicing my energy level rose, and I was able to sleep. I think the calcium or whatever else that is in carrots and celery helped me to sleep, which is why I have tried to continue juicing, but one does get lazy especially after you get well.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:35 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,934,640 times
My vegan daughter is into juicing big time. When I was visiting her, she made a variety of juices for me. She uses an Omega juicer which produces a very high quality juice, and it is easy to use and clean. If/when I buy a juicer of my own, I intend to purchase an Omega Juicer.

blessings...Franco

Old 09-30-2007, 01:46 PM

121 posts, read 518,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Actually, you have to drink the juice within 10 minutes of it being out. Also, they have some containers that you can fill to the rim and seal your juices for up to 48 hours. Though, no longer than 24 hours is reccomended. of course you need to keep the juice iced or refrigerated during this time. I learned this from my juicing video when I bought my green power juicer . I also, have Jack Lalannes juicer which is the one I use mostly to make my carrot, romaine, and alfafa sprout juice. It is a cure for balding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness